76. Lullaby

Renjun had told them he will see them so they agreed on him staying up late, Sicheng and Yuta were with him, yes somehow Jae needed to accept Yuta was also babysitting, or was it ironical, he grinned wide.

Soon Taeyong left backstage he appeared in the bright blue lights moments later with just a guitarist and a microphone stand.

Jae knew Taeyong had been preparing a lot for this performance as it was the first time the people will hear a song from his upcoming album 'Renjun's lullaby's', a very emotional album he was working at for the last six months.

Taeyong wasn't very sure about it, especially as he decided to sing some of the songs the one tonight including.

"Oh I love to see him so nervous," squealed Mark when Jae crossed his fingers tightly.

'Sweetie tonight I hope for sweet dreams

yesterday's puddles tomorrow's clouds,

I advised the starry sky to watch

above your closed eyelids

sweetie here's a warm song wrapping you up

yesterday's worries tomorrow's challenges

I asked the blanket to hold a lantern

until you wake up

Even if it's dark

the night is nice

It's our lullaby

when you're all alone

I'm by your side

It's our lullaby

You will hear our lullaby

You will feel our lullaby

Our lullaby.'

Taeyong was singing quietly, his rough voice softer then ever, Jae knew how much work it took for him to sing so clean with just a few false notes here an there, he was so proud so amazed, tears filled his eyes and he covered his face with his hands when they started to roll down his cheeks.

"Man don't cry Renjun is watching what if the camera zooms to you?" whispered Mark but Jae couldn't help it he was sure their Junie was also tearing up watching his daddy Tae singing on TV, and this thought cause Jae to cry like a kid in the audience.

The smooth guitar sound stopped while Taeyong smiled wide.

"Thank you," he said bowing down.

The lights in the hall became dark when Mark had given Jae a handkerchief while he tried to clean his face.

He was so over when Taeyong reached him after he had come back from the backstage area.

"Great man," Mark gave Taeyong a high five moments later Taeyong cuddled Jae whispering some sweet words into his hair Jae was still sobbing like a little child what was only up with him?

"He's just overwhelmed with our love man," Mark grinned.

"I know, Jae come on it's an award show you don't want people to thank I'm making you sad," whispered Taeyong so Jae tried his best to put himself together.

"Ah!" whispered Taeyong a moment later after checking his phone discreetly.

"What?" asked Jae.

"Yuta sent me text, it was something like - do you have to write such emotional shit now Sicheng and Renjun are wining like this... yes he said 'fat F' in the audience, but yes it's Yuta, I'm correcting to your amazing lovey, beautiful one and only Jae," Taeyong smiled when Jae laughed through the tears.

Jae's mood become brighter yes maybe he needed people like Yuta in his life as overthrowing him with love was too much too.

The show was beginning to end slowly when a TV comedian came to read our the award for the producer of the year.

"For the amazing work on Mark Lee's album and world tour the award goes to Jung Jaehyun," read out the man causing Jae to look at Taeyong then and Mark then at Taeyong who the were shaking him and clapping.

"But...but it's not mine," said Jae.

"Go and take your award!" Taeyong pushed him from the chair.

Jae was so stunned he had no idea how to reach the stage so some people were laughing at him, he was sure it was all a mistake when the comedian congratulated him giving him the statue.

Then the man left him alone in front of the microphone while Jae had no idea what to say.

"Fffff...." he pressed out, ok a lot of people laughed. "Soffy you know I can't pfonounce f," he whispered the audience breaking out into more laugher.

What a shame he thought when the award was slipping in his sweaty hands.

He suddenly remembered Taeil's graduation speech that had also started so terribly wrong then turned into the best graduation speech he has ever heard. Ok but he wasn't like Taeil the smart one.

"But... despite it I still go this awafd, I'm shocked honestly. Feally. Why afe thefe so many wofds with f in the language?"

Ok the audience was very entertained like during a comedy show great.

Thank you for the support, you're the best.

What do you think about the award show, Taeyong singing a song for Renjun? How will Jae handle a public speech?

Much <3