2.2 Human Katherine

Home.

I walked inside and my eyes widened "What the actual fuck?!"

They turned to me.

Katherine smirked and put a hand on her hip "Hello, sister"

I growled at her and she took a step back. 

She downed a glass of bourbon.

Me "Name one reason why i shouldn't kill you right now. "

Katherine "you need me"

I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest "i don't need you"

Kat "you are my sister"

Me "who you tried to kill"

Katherine " i'm sorry for trying to kill you"

I said amused "you don't even know what feeling sorry feels like "

Damon "enough, ladies"

I looked at him, irritated "how come you didn't kill her?! She tried to kill me, Damon!"

Damon nodded "i know, princess! and i wanna see her dead as much as you do but she's on the run. And it's so entertaining how Karma bites her in the ass"

Katherine scoffed, rolling her eyes "Please. I'm Katherine Pierce – I'm a survivor."

I scoffed.

Damon scoffed too "You're a liar. Your hair's messed up, your nails are chipped. You're a sad and miserable human being and you want me to turn you. So, here."

He bit his wrist and offered it to her " Go ahead, drink up. I'll kill you, you'll bite the mailman, you'll be a vampire again. Go ahead, come on."

Katherine looked at it " I can't, okay? No one's ever taken the cure before. If I die, there's a good chance I may never wake up."

i shook my head "I don't have a problem with that "

Damon rolled his eyes "And that would be tragic."

Katherine "And deep down, in that mushy-gushy Elena-loving heart, there's a part of you that doesn't want me to die."

I held back a snort "kinda amusing how you try your luck with him after you fucked up with me"

Damon nodded, agreeing "What are you doing here, Katherine?"

The house phone started to ring. 

Damon went to answer but Katherine was faster.

Katherine " Salvatore residence. Hello, Principal Weber, this is Elena. Oh, dear. We'll find him."

She hung up and turned to us " So Jeremy's been expelled. Elena will be cool with that, right?"

Damon snapped " When I get back here, you're gone."

Katherine blocked his way " Wait, Damon. There's someone chasing me."

Damon smiled " Then run. Run far away."

Katherine  shook her head " you don't understand. I have enemies everywhere. What happens when word gets out that I'm a human? I can't protect myself! I'm weak and I'm slow – do you have any idea what it's like to run in heels? I have blisters! Please, just...help me."

Damon looked at me for help.

I shrugged "I'm not making any promises"

Damon looked at Katherine and nodded.

At the grill.

Damon and i approached Jeremy, who was sitting at a table.

Damon snapped pissed off " One day. One day where you don't screw it up."

Jeremy rolled his eyes annoyed "Leave me alone, Damon."

Damon " You're lucky you didn't put one of those idiots in ICU."

Jeremy shot back "Says the guy who once killed me."

Damon" Yes – in the privacy of your own home! Away from prying eyes, unlike you who went all hunter in the middle of a hallway. You got expelled, genius."

Jeremy asked hopefully "Does that mean I don't have to go back to school?"

I snorted, shaking my head  "hell no. I compelled the principal into a three-day suspension. Your sister doesn't need to know about this. "

Damon "Now finish eating, meet me outside."

Then he walked out.

I felt arms around me and smiled. 

I turned around and smiled  "hello, handsome"

Stefan smiled "angel"

He put a hand on my lower back and walked with me to the bar.

I sat down and he sat down next to me.

Stefan "didn't expect you to come back so early. Did something happened ?why didn't you call me? "

I sighed "My sister happened"

He looked confused.

Me "she's back"

He nodded "yeah, and living at Château Salvatore"

I raised an eyebrow "how do you know?"

Stefan "Because I can read your mind!"

My eyes widened. 

Stefan chuckled " I'm kidding, angel. Katherine called me first. Remember? I'm her favorite. "

I nodded rolling my eyes "of course "

Stefan put a hand on my thigh and asked worried   "you okay?"

I took a deep breath "she tried to kill me, Stefan, and what did i do? i turned her back into a human"

He nodded understanding. 

Jeremy walked to us. 

Stefan stood up and placed a hand on Jer's arm who froze "hey, Jeremy. Looking good, man"

Jeremy nodded"hey, Stefan. Glad to see you two happy"

Stefan nodded smiling "yeah. yeah"

He looked at me and kissed my cheek "I'll see you at home"

I nodded and he left.

Then I raised an eyebrow at Jeremy "what?"

Jeremy "Something's wrong. When he touched me, I felt a chill where my tattoo was".

I asked confused  " What are you talking about?"

Jeremy "Right before I died, Silas grabbed me and I felt the same thing."

I shook my head " Silas is gone. Bonnie turned him into a big piece of rock, remember?"

Jeremy looked at something next to him. 

Probably Bonnie.

My eyes widened in realization.

Jeremy "what?"

Me "She died, Jer. She bound the magic that took down Silas. the spell must've broken when she died. He's free."

Jeremy nodded "yeah, she's saying the same "

Me "But why would he stay in Mystic Falls? why pretend to be my boyfriend? I mean, that doesn't even make any sense"

Jeremy "I'm a hunter. Our whole reason for existing is to kill him. I know what I'm feeling, Adelaide. That - that was Silas."

Me "I just watched him walk through a crowd of people that saw Stefan. There's no way he could fool that many people at once. I mean, he's psychic, but no one's that psychic."

Jeremy "What did he want?"

I tensed my jaw "Katerina"