2.112 To Hell And Back

Flashback.

Two weeks after i came back.

Me "he couldn't sleep. Couldn't eat. Couldn't get Damon out of his head. The only constant he had was me but i had to fight my own demons too "

I heard Stefan jerk up next to me. I opened my eyes and sat up.

Me "Stefan?"

He turned his head to me with a pained expression.

I sighed and kissed his bare shoulder"Another nightmare?"

Stefan tried to catch his breath "Yeah. The same one. I was in the quarry. I was... I was drowning, and Damon was there"

Me " Damon was there? Then what?"

Stefan hesitated for a moment before he stood up and head out of the room. I got out of the bed, put one of his shirts on and followed him downstairs.

He was on his way to the bar.

I called after him "Stefan "

Stefan sighed "Doesn't matter. Its over."

He rubbed his eyes with one hand while he poured himself a drink.

I walked to him worried" Clearly it's not. Whatever you experienced in that rock is still torturing you somehow. Hell, it's still torturing me"

Stefan looked at something behind me "You're not here."

I asked even more worried " Who are you talking to?"

Stefan groaned in frustration" Get out of here, angel."

I made a step to him "Ste-"

Suddenly he yelled "ENOUGH!"

I jerked back.

Then he threw his glass at something but it shattered against the wall.  

I put my hands on his cheeks " Stop! It's not real. It's not real!"

Flashback end.

Me "But then he pushed me away, too. He lost sight of everything. Neither of us barely even noticed when Julian took over our town."

Tyler looked sad "i'm sorry"

I shook my head "don't be"

Suddenly his phone buzzed and he took it out.

Me "who is it?"

Tyler rolled his eyes "Damon. He wants to know where i am"

Then he texted back and put his phone away.

Then he looked at me smiling"Where were we?"

I nodded "Well..then i found him, in the middle of dousing Damon's body with gasoline."

Flashback.

I walked into the living room and my jaw dropped. I saw Damon's body soaked with something that smelled like gasoline and Stefan holding a lighter. 

I rushed over to him " What are you doing?"

Stefan looked at me hopelessly "I don't want him to come back, ever. I have to get rid of him."

I shook my head "This isn't who you are, Stefan. You love your brother even if it's not easy sometimes. And we both know that you would rather die than let him go."