2.137 "I Missed You"

Wildwood motel. 

I was standing next to the bed where Ambrose's body was laying. n the bed next to it was Stefan's body but he was still unconscious. Valerie sat between the two beds, surrounded by dozens of white candles, as she took Stefan/Marty's hand in her own and looked at him with affection, though it's clear Stef is in bad shape. 

Valere looked at me "I can do it don't worry"

I nodded and walked to Ric. 

He hugged me "come here"

I hugged him back. 

Damon walked inside with a defibrillator in his hands, closing the door behind him before holding up the device "Snagged this from the front desk, in case we have to restart Marty's ticker."

Valerie glared at Damon. 

Damon explained to us "She didn't think I'd come through, even though Stefan's well-being is the one and only thing we have in common."

She rolled her eyes and looked at me "i'm going to need you to go in Stefan's mind to help me getting him back"

I nodded and sat down on the bed and took Stefan/Marty's hand in mine. 

Valerie looked down at Stefan/Marty, who nodded at her, and Valerie took a deep breath before she stretched her arms out, placing one hand on Marty's arm and one hand on Stefan's arm as she closed her eyes to begin the spell. I closed my eyes. 

Valerie "Phasmatos spiritus revertum corpus soelteros mentum mente. Phasmatos spiritus revertum corpus soelteros mentum mente..."

In Stefan's mind. 

I looked at Stefan who just woke up in the parlor of our house. 

A fire was roaring in the fireplace, and i was by the bar. 

I smiled at him and grabbed a bottle of bourbon "Care for a drink?"

Stefan sat up confused" What am I doing here?"

Me " Well, you know what they say-- "There's no place like home.""

Stefan raised an eyebrow "You're in my head, aren't you?"

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him "No matter where we traveled, you were always going on and on about how much you missed our home. I figured you'd be more comfortable here, and I wanted to see the real you."

Stefan " Do I even want to know what's happening out there?"

I sighed " You're going to be fine. Promise."

I gave him a quick peck on his lip. 

Stefan raised an eyebrow at me "You wouldn't happen to be lying to me, would you? Because if I'm about to die a painful death in a strange human's body, then I want to make the most of my time."

Me" The only thing you need to worry about is our next destination. Any ideas? Or would you rather spin the old globe in the upstairs study and let fate decide?"

Stefan "Well... I've actually had a lot of time to think lately."

Me"I suppose there's something about standing on the precipice of death that lends itself to deep thoughts."

Stefan " And I wouldn't have to run anymore. I wouldn't have the scar. My life wouldn't be tied to Rayna's."

Me "A shame that i like your original body more than the one you are now inside"