2.53 Kai

Next day

Next day. Morning. Ric's office.

Turned out Jo had the Ascendant. Meaning , it was Ric's job to get it back. Ric, on the other hand, didn't want to steal from his girlfriend, so Damon being Damon compelled Ric.

Stefan" You didn't compel him to get her drunk."

Damon shook his head " No. I compelled him to do whatever it takes, and considering the Ascendant is the key to her psycho brother's weird prison world, I'm sure it's gonna take her a few to open up about it."

Me "you're a dead man"

Stefan "you realize he's going to kill you if he finds out what you did?"

Damon" My relationship to ruin, thank you. Why are you complaining?  I didn't complain when you ruined yours with Adelaide."

But that's what he did.

Stefan shook his head "I didn't ruin my-"

My eyes widened. 

Damon nodded " you did, Stefan. I'm sure she's fine.I mean, look at her, she's a mess."

I rolled my eyes "I can hear you, asshole"

Damon shot me a wink. 

Stefan" You done?"

Damon "Careful, Stefan. I know it may seem easy to be the big bad Salvatore, but soon, you'll find yourself lying in the middle of the road, pouring your heart out to a stranger, having an existential crisis."

Stefan nodded, fake excited " Yeah, great. So, uh, when's this grand theft gonna happen?"

Damon" Assuming everything went well, it's already happened, which means..."

Ric walked inside with the Ascendant " Here it is."

Damon smiled " Thanks, buddy."

He handed Alaric a tray with coffee and a bag containing breakfast food.

Damon compelled Ric "There you go.Go home to Jo, be a good boyfriend, forget this ever happened."

-----------