2.7 "Ain't I?"

A few days later

A few days later.

Elena and i were sitting on the sofa talking to Caroline over the phone. Turned out Stefan can't remember anything. Not his brother, not his life, not me. And how should i feel about that? i mean, how do you feel when your boyfriend can't remember you?

Elena "Please tell me I wasn't out of my mind leaving Damon in charge of Vampire Amnesia 101."

Caroline "What did he say exactly?"

Elena "" One text – "So far, so good." Which, in Damon speak..."

Caroline " Means that they probably devoured a troop of Girls Scouts by now."

Me " Caroline!"

Caroline giggled " I'm kidding...kind of. Although it's not uncommon for patients with retrograde amnesia or other traumatic brain injuries to turn volatile."

I asked fake impressed "Okay, Dr. Forbes. Since when do you know so much about amnesia?"

Caroline " It's possible I studied up on my chem, biochem, applied microbio, molecular bio, and Grey's Anatomy—the real one and the television show."

Me " You did all that for Stefan?"

Caroline " Of course I did. I'm also trying to impress Dr. Maxfield. I figured if I could get closer to him, i.e. into his biology class, maybe I could figure out why he covered up our roommate's murder by vampire, and it's also possible that I have a study buddy."

I nodded. 

Caroline " Hi, Dr. Maxfield. Are you ready to go study, Jesse?"

Elena raised her eyebrows smirking " Jesse? Dr. Maxfield's incredibly hot, funny, and miraculously single lab assistant?"

Caroline " I'm dragging him to our hometown graveyard bell-ringing ceremony."

Me " That's a creepy first date, Care"

Caroline "It's a study date. While I'm there, I might as well ring a bell for Tyler and me considering our relationship is on its death bed. Will I see you there? You could bring Stefan. I mean, it is ironically called "Remembrance Day"."

I breathed in "I hope so, I really do. It just depends on how Stefan's handling the whole download of his dark and stormy past."

Caroline " All right. Well, I'll talk to you later."

At the Grill.

Elena and i walked inside. We heard a bell ring. Then we saw Stefan and Damn sitting at a table. We walked to them. 

Elena " And there I thought catching up on nearly two centuries would be a drag."

Stefan looked at her" Remind me of your name again."

Elena answered a little hurt " Elena."

Stefan nodded " Elena. Right."

Elena raised her eyebrow at Damon " You haven't told him about me?"

Damon "Two hundred years is a long time."

Stefan then looked at me "and you were the girl who put the daylight ring on my finger, right? Adelaide ?"

Elena gave Damon a look.

Damon defended "She's the reason we even had 200 years in the first place"

The bell rang and Damon drank.

Elena shrugged " Right. Well..."

I took Stefan's shot and downed it. Elena did the same with her shot.

At the cemetery.

Turned out Stefan nearly killed a waitress because he couldn't control his hunger. Great. Now there's a chance ripper Stefan might show up again. 

People drank at the sound of a bell ringing. Damon, Stefan, and i were walking through the cemetery. 

Stefan " What kind of name is "Honoria Fell"?"

Damon whispered " Shh. You're kind of the one that killed her."

Stefan nodded " Oh."

He, Damon and I entered the Salvatore mausoleum.

Damon " Hindsight being 20/20, way too much temptation at the bar, so if this Ripper gene is biological, then we need to minimize human contact until we get your brain all witchy-wooed back to normal, so here it is."

Stefan looked around " So, this is the family crypt, huh?"

Damon nodded " Mmhmm."

Stefan looked around " Anybody here I didn't kill?"

Damon took a deep breath "Well, we've covered our father, who art in hell."

He rang the bell.

Damon "Uncle Zach, my bad."

He rang the bell again. 

Damon "On the bright side, our mother died of consumption. "

He rang the bell.  

Stefan nodded "Oh, good."

Damon's phone vibrated and he took it out " Ooh. I got to go. Party on without me. Brother—for you."

He gave Stefan the bottle of Alcohol. 

Then he gave me the bell "And this is for you. "

He walked out. Leaving me with Stefan who can't remember that he's my boyfriend. I'm a happy girl, ain't i.

Stefan "Well, I, uh, I certainly hope your family history was happier than mine."

Me "Well, let's see. In the last 500 years, I lost my parents, my whole family except one little bitch"

Stefan smiled at me. 

I couldn't help but smile back" What?"

Stefan " How do I not remember you? I mean, you're smart, you're funny. Obviously, you're the strongest woman in the world if you managed to figure out a way to get through all that. Damon mentioned you were pretty but you are breathtaking ."

I blushed a little.

That's my Stefan. I just missed him so damn much. 

Me "I surround myself with amazing people who help me through it. People who are more important to me than anything. Like you. You're one of those people."

Stefan"So, bonded by death? Please don't tell me that we met in a cemetery."

I giggled and shook my head.

Stefan breathed out laughing  "thank god"

Me "After 160 years, when we met at a memorial. The Major's memorial. Do you want to go there?"

Stefan nodded " Yeah, sure."