2.35 "I'm Always Here For You"

Enzo opened his eyes smirking " There we are. You're right! I don't have a care in the world."

I took a step back. 

Enzo chuckled " Ahh. This is fun, not caring."

He tossed a bottle in the air and it crashed on the ground.

Damon" Yep. Emotion-free. Bye-bye humanity."

Enzo lifted another bottle in toast " To Maggie James for whom I feel absolute and blissful detachment."

Damon" What do you say we get out of here? Where was it that you wanted to go-- cape town?"

Enzo corrected him " Cape horn."

Damon fake smiled " Even better."

Enzo"All right. Everyone's free to go! Show's over! Don't worry. I compelled you all to think you spent the day studying like the good, little students you are. "

He looked at Liv "Except you. Stay. I want to test something."

He attacked her, drinking from her neck.

Bonnie yelled " No!"

Enzo let go of Liv " Look at that. I don't even feel obliged to say thank you."

I went to attack Enzo, who broke the bottle and used it to stab me in the neck.I yelled in pain and pushed him off me. Then he broke Damon's neck.

Stefan broke free from his bonds, ran and jumps to come down hard on Enzo with his fist. Enzo grabbed his jug of vervain water and threw its contents at Stefan. I looked around. Elena was gone.

I sighed "Bastard took Elena"

Stefan "i'll go after him"

I shook my head "I'm faster"

Stefan "He'll kill you too"

Me "I'm double his age"

I tried to walk away but Stefan grabbed my arm "wait"

I looked at his hand on my arm. 

Bonnie" No. Please, Stefan."

Me "You deal with her. I'll find Enzo."

Stefan" He's gonna kill her and you. You are not going"

I raised an eyebrow "now you care about my well being?"

He dropped his hand. 

I took a deep breath "The witch is dying."

Then I speeded out and looked around.

Outside.Night.

I walked around and saw Enzo breaking Elena's neck.

Me "Nice way to treat a girl"

Enzo looked at me " Adelaide. Where's your bestie?"

I shrugged " I don't know. Guess I found you first."

Then I threw him on a car.

Enzo"Ouch. Hope it's insured."

I punched him but Enzo kicked me off him.

He tried to punch me but i blocked him. He kicked me in the stomach and i fell back against a car and broke its window.

Enzo "i thought you were 500 years old"

I growled and punched him "i'd wonder what she would think of this?"

Enzo "me too. Of course, who knows what lies in the great beyond for a mere human like Maggie James? Probably nothing. It's probably just as well she's not watching this. I believe it might upset her."

He took a stake out and tried to stake me but i speeded away. Suddenly there was a stake in my thigh. I fell to the ground and hissed in pain. I took the stake out but i was thrown against a car. I gasped in pain. Enzo grabbed me by my throat. I grabbed his wrist but i wasn't strong enough. 

He aimed the stake at my chest but before he could do anything he dropped on his knees.

My eyes widened when i saw Stefan standing in front of me with a heart in his hand.

I breathed out relieved.

Stefan let the heart drop "you okay?"

I looked at Enzo.

Stefan "Adelaide, are you okay?"

He put a hand on my cheek.

I pushed his hand away and starred at Enzo's body.

At home.

I walked into my room and sat down on the bed. 

Stefan followed close after me "Adelaide, you okay? you haven't said anything yet"

I drove my hands through my hair and sighed "And what do you want me to say?"

Stefan sighed.

Me "you don't even know yourself"

Stefan "He was going to kill you"

Me "and what now? what if Damon finds out you killed his best friend? "

Stefan "He was going to kill you"

Me "You killed his best friend, Stefan!"

Stefan "Enzo was going to kill you, Adelaide!. My priority was to protect you!"

I stood up and walked a few steps away from him "i know, Stefan, i was there"

He sighed "It's been a tough year for Damon. Don't you think it would be easier if no-humanity Enzo just left for parts unknown and was never heard from again? We barely just got him back. This would destroy him. Please. "

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest "he's gonna lose it if he finds out"

Stefan nodded "i know"

He turned around and walked to the door.

..

i walked out pf the bathroom and into the bedroom. I saw Damon sitting on the bed with his back leaning on the headboard.

I jumped up "Damon?"

Damon looked at me "you okay?"

I took a deep breath and nodded.

I walked to the bed, i pushed the covers up and got in the bad. I pulled the covers on top of me.

Damon "Enzo left"

I nodded "i know"

Damon "I heard what happened with you and Stefan. Why didn't you tell me?"

I sat up "And say what? that your brother dumped me?"

He sighed "you think you two are better off without each other?"

I shook my head "it doesn't matter what i think anymore, Damon, at least not to him"

Damon "how are you feeling?"

I cracked out "i miss him"

Damon "come here"

I cuddled into him and he put his arms around me. I started to sob. He drove his hand through my hair.

He kissed my hair "i'm here. i'm always here for you"