2.120 The Problem

Stefan " You've seen this before?"

Nik asked amused but also tensed " Tell me you have not been careless enough to make an enemy of Rayna Cruz!"

Stefan " Why do you think are we here, Klaus?"

Nik was furious now " So, you came here to hide, to seek refuge in my town, to enjoy the perks of my hospitality in the city where my family sleeps, and all the while, you lure in a vicious hound with your scent?"

Stefan "Adelaide said Rayna can't find me in this bar--"

Nik " Well, maybe not under this roof, but did Adelaide also tell you Rayna Cruz was born in New Orleans? Terrorized the Quarter for years, thrust her blade through the heart of some of my best men on the steps of St. Anne's Church. She will pursue you until your paranoia and despair far outweigh your desire to live. Here, elsewhere, or in hell, she will find you."

Stefan pleaded " If you know how to outrun her, tell me what to do, Klaus!"

Nik growled "I'll tell you what you don't do. You do not draw a huntress to a town full of vampires. You do not drink my bourbon whilst lying to my face, and you do not dare ask me favors ever again. Is that clear, old friend?"

Stefan looked both horrified and terrified.

Nik raised his voice "Get out."

Stefan panicked " If I leave, she'll kill me."

Nik yelled " And if you stay, I will! Get. Out!"

Stefan walked out and Nik turned to me. 

Nik "you too"

I shook my head "no"

Nik changed the topic " By the way, what's your stance on hand-me-downs? We have a chest that was once owned by Louis XV. It's being wasted on my daughter's outgrown onesies. Any interest for your nieces?"

I shook my head  "I didn't come here to chat and you know that. I don't want to be here because it brings back old memories"

Nik "of you and Elijah? how we built this town out of nothing? "

I shook my head "Nik"

Nik "sorry, love, but i can't help you"

He turned around to leave. 

Me "i love him, Nik"

He stopped walking. 

Me "you know, i could just leave Stefan alone and start over on my own. No Rayna, no problems, no death. But i won't because i love him. And now i'm here, in a town i once called my home begging the devil himself for help"

Nik "The love you both feel for each other could kill you both"

I shook my head "i don't care"

Nik "do you think he is worth your death? he's not even half your age. He is not worthy of you"

Me "I'm half Elijah's age and was worth it"

Nik pointed at me "That was different and you know that"

I challenged "is it?"

Nik shook his head  "i can't help you"

He turned around again to leave. 

Me "You owe me, Nik! you know you do!"

He stopped again. 

Me "I remember everything, Nik, everything. What do you think will Elijah do if he finds out the truth about what happened the night my family died? the night you slaughtered them"