2.124 Herbs And Plants

A few days later. On the road. 

I looked at the empty tube in my hands. Freya's herbal poultice to block Rayna's powers from being able to track him was all gone now. And that's really really bad. 

Stefan " you okay?"

I looked at him "Are you?"

Stefan " Well, that was the last of Freya's herbs, which means its only a matter of time before they wear off and Rayna can track me."

Me "Good thing we're on our way to get more."

Stefan " Are we? Because it sure feels like we're on our way to the world's largest waste of time."

Me " We have to take back roads to avoid being spotted."

Stefan gave me a look " Mmhmm."

Me " We've only been running a few days, Stefan. Think of it like it's an adventure!"

He scoffed "I don't want an adventure. I just want to get these herbs and have a nice, quiet, home-cooked meal with my beautiful angel."

I gave him a look. He pulled up into a driveway. 

Stefan"We're here."

Looked like a outdoor greenhouse of some kind.

Me "What is this place?"

We got out of the car and walked toward the greenhouse.

Stefan "Well, according to Freya, all the herbs witches use are stored here. Just in case something happens to them."

I looked around shocked  "All of them?"

He nodded "Yeah."

We walked inside and my jaw dropped. The open-air garden was full of hundreds of different herbs and plants.

I looked at him speechless  " Well, I hope you know what this particular herb looks like, my love, because if not, we are screwed"

Stefan "And why is that?"

Me " Because witches are very fond of their herbs."

Stefan looked overwhelmed by all the varieties of herbs around us. 

We started to walk around. 

Me "So, what do you propose we do? Rub each one on your wound and hope for the best?"

Stefan "I don't know. you are 500 years old-- why have you never heard of this?"

I stopped walking and looked at him"Do i look like a witch to you, my friend?"

He shook his head.

I nodded "good"

We started walking again. 

I looked at some plants while we were walking "There's wolfsbane. Vervain. Senna. Witch hazel. And this fun little guy..."

Stefan and i pointed at the same plant. 

Stefan " Mmm, that one I know."

I pulled off a leaf of the plant and looked at my boyfriend surprised. 

Stefan " The witchy hallucinogen. The one borderline-recreational herb."

Me "you do remember?"

Stefan gave me a look "I did it once."

I smirked "I know.Me too?"

Stefan "Rebekah?" 

I nodded.