2.82 The Truce

Night.At the Grill.

I wrote in Stefan's diary to Elena "Hey, Elena, it's me, Adelaide, When you wake up, Mystic Falls will look nothing like you remember it. Trust me, you won't recognize your hometown. Matt, Caroline, Stefan and i made up a story-- a mining fire erupted in the tunnels under the town. Out of control fires, lethal carbon monoxide levels, the works. Anything to get them out of town. Lily's Heretic family is back. Their magic keeps them protected and i hate it. They can't even die by fire and it's getting on my nerves. They're faster and stronger than any of us, and they're willing to tear our town apart for their own entertainment. We had to protect it. Guess how it came to this point. Lily thought her family was ready to live among humans. She was so wrong. The truth is, their impulsive nature put every citizen in this town in danger, so Stefan, thank god, negotiated a deal.  We got time to clear out the residents, and in return, anyone who trespassed was fair game for the Heretics. Stefan, Me and Caroline went door-to-door, evacuating residents. Drove out businesses, boarded up homes, closed off the town to traffic... We all gave up a lot to get Lily to agree, but I think Stefan sacrificed the most. We hate them, they hate us. But now, at the very least, we have a truce. Whether we like it or not, we'll share our town. We'll live side-by-side with our enemies for as long as it takes. And trust me, Elena, i'm not in the mood to share my town with Heretics"

I looked at Stefan who was finishing boarding up the Grill's windows and boxing up all of its materials. I took a sip of my beer.

Stefan walked to me and i closed the diary. 

He eyed me "you still hate this truce, don't you?"

I nodded "you can't even imagine"

Suddenly my phone rang. 

I gave Stefan my beer who chugged it down. 

I answered my phone "How's Europe, D.?"

Damon "Ric was kind of "meh" on the Mona Lisa...Anything I should know about?"

I looked at Stefan who shook his head " nothing that can't wait 'til you get back."

Suddenly, the front door to the Mystic Grill opened, and Damon walks inside, looking annoyed.

Damon " Well, I'm back! Want to tell me who the hell's living in our house?"

I threw the diary at him and he read what i wrote. 

Stefan "i had no choice, Damon"

 Damon pulled out a bottle of liquor from a nearby box and took a large swig out of it "oh, i can read and see that"

Stefan "The whole town would have been slaughtered."

Damon said frustrated "So we kill them and call it a day!"

Me "We already tried that"

Damon scoffed "You sent Donovan to blow up a house. Try harder."

I rolled my eyes. 

Stefan breathed out frustrated "Look, the deal has been made. We don't mess with them, they don't mess with us."

Damon said fake proud " That's very benevolent of you, brother. You should run for Mayor. Not that anyone would be here to vote for you."

Stefan and i gave each other a look.

He looked at Damon " Look, what's done is done. Do not mess this up."

Damon "Who convinced you to save a town full of people you don't give a crap about? Because it's not your idea, and Matt can't think his way out of a paper bag, so it must be Adi."