2.27 The Dying Child

Next day

Next day. 

I walked to Nadia who was lying on a bench. I had brought her to an abandoned building. 

I raised an eyebrow "Nadia.."

Nadia shook her head " Please, I need to know."

She was sweating and hallucinating. 

Me " Nadia.. I'm right here. I'm right here."

The bite on Nadia's arm looked terrible, with the surrounding skin festering and turning black.

Nadia looked at me" I was dreaming...of how I searched for you from village to village"

I nodded" I know. I heard you. You said that I abandoned you... You were ripped from my arms as a baby. It's completely different!"

Nadia shook her head "Not for a child without a mother."

Me "You know.. All this guilt is really taking all the fun out of this mother/daughter outing. I'm sorry Tyler bit you, but you're not going to die."

Nadia" Did you ask Klaus for his blood?"

I scoffed "Oh.. my. You really are delirious! Nadia, he would love nothing more than to watch my daughter die."

Nadia" ...And you don't want to risk being outed..."

I shook my head " No, I don't. So, that's why I called him."

Dr. Wes Maxfield walked inside " Nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Maxfield."

I looked at Nadia " And luckily for us, he would love nothing more than studying your blood."

Wes" Werewolf venom isn't easy to come by"

He need down and hold out a needle. 

Nadia's eyes widened "Get away from me!"

I nodded" It's okay, Nadia, it's okay."

Wes" Listen to your mother. The venom in your blood is a toxin with basic chemical properties. Once I study its makeup, I can create the antidote."

I nodded " It's okay. Come on, Come on. Hey. Hey."

Nadia finally let Dr. Maxfield draw some blood from her arm.

Nadia" If I'd known I just had to die to drag your attention from Stefan, I would've tried it a long time ago."

Wes finished drawing her blood and went off to analyze the sample.

Me " If you're trying to make me feel guilty, it's almost working."

Nadia" I'm just glad you're here now."

I assured her "Me too. I'm going to be a better mother starting right now. I promise you, I'm going to save your life."

--------