2.130 No!!

Dallas. Airfield.

Stefan pulled up at the Airfield and we got out of the car. There was a guy standing on the field. 

Guy "Who are you?"

I raised an eyebrow "Who the hell are you?"

Suddenly Nora appeared between us, glaring at us "Nobody important."

She turned and grabbed the guy in a choke-hold, and the guy gasped for breath and grabbed her neck and they were suddenly gone.

I looked around and then at Stefan with a look "i hate cloaking spells"

Stefan rolled his eyes, pulled his phone out and called someone. 

Damon " Hold tight, brother. This vintage beast only goes so fast."

We heard Valerie shout "He's refusing to participate!"

My eyes widened. 

Stefan asked worriedVal, you okay?"

Damon " She's wonderful. She's great. She's a rock. And yes, I am fully participating."

Valerie " Yeah, by kidnapping me instead of doing the spell."

Damon " I needed you for backup. I didn't have time to argue. Shut up."

Stefan asked shocked "you're not doing the spell?"

Valerie "Stefan?"

Damon "We are still gonna save you. The calvary's coming to you, brother. We're gonna take down Rayna. You're gonna get your freedom, and I'm still gonna get my future."

Stefan pressed out "So you're not taking the scar?"

Damon " Relax! I have a good plan."

Stefan growled " Answer the question, Damon."

Damon" Stefan, listen--"

Stefan " Say it! I want to hear you say it. You're not taking the scar."

I sighed and put a hand on his chest. 

Damon "I have a plan!"

I shook my head, scoffing. 

Stefan " You always do."

Valerie " He should've never trusted you."

Damon "Oh, don't get me started on "trust.""

Stefan "All right, can we just stay focused here? How far--"

Suddenly we heard two gunshots. I yelled in pain when i felt a stake in my back. 

I fell to the ground. 

I looked around in pain and saw Stefan on his knees.

Stefan grunted as he tries to pull the mini-stake out of his back, and Rayna threw her gun aside to pull out her sword. 

She grabbed Stefan's phone off the ground.

Rayna " I'll catch you later."

Then she hung up. 

I couldn't stand up or do big moves.

Stefan was on all fours. 

Rayna " I want to finish our conversation."

Stefan gasped "I prefer our phone calls."

Rayna " It hurts me to see you like this, Stefan. I mean, it really hurts me. Because of our connection, I can feel what my targets feel. Like when Matt set me free at the Armory. As soon as I touched my sword, I felt what it did to you. I felt your scar reopen right then. The smart play would have been Adelaide. Get your girl and go on the run with her again. But that's not what you wanted. Not Caroline, not even Adelaide-- you wanted Damon.There was only one way you could talk to him.You slowed yourself down getting your Albatross out of storage. You almost gave me time to catch you. You just had to have Damon along for the ride again. Those three years he was in the coffin? Guess that was all the enjoyment you could take."

Stefan "I didn't enjoy being a fugitive."

Rayna pulled a face "Yes, you did. You were happy while your brother was gone. You were happy because he was gone. And now, here we are, thanks to him. You can see the cause and effect, right? You can see that you're in this bind because of the dumbass mistake you made waking Damon up?"

Stefan breathed out"Why do you care about my mistakes?"

Rayna "It's not me who cares. It's the Phoenix Stone. Its voice is in my head all the time. You have no idea how loud it is. It wants me to liberate you, Stefan. It is still trying to show you-- the only way for you to be free is to let Damon go."

Rayna kicked Stefan in the chest, causing him to fall backward on his bottom "You've ignored its wisdom before. Are you finally ready to leave Damon behind? Did today convince you?"

Stefan finally rose so he's kneeling on the ground with his back straight as he starred Rayna in the eyes " Yes."

Rayna raised the sword, and Stefan closes his eyes.

 I cried out "Stefan! don't!"

Rayna "Now, remember that... and use it to survive in the hell stone this time."

Then she stabbed Stefan in the heart with the Phoenix Sword.

Stefan gasped in pain as the Phoenix Stone glowed at the end of the Phoenix Sword. Stefan's soul was being sucked inside of it once again. 

Rayna yanked the sword out of Stefan's chest and watched as his body fall lifelessly to the ground. 

I started to cry. 

She didn't look happy, she sighed and she walked to me. 

I shook my head and tried to crawl away. 

I begged "don't"

Rayna pulled the stake out. 

I breathed out in pain. 

She helped me up and looked at me "I'm sorry, Adelaide"

Then she left .

I speeded over to Stefan's body and kneeled next to him.

I sobbed out "Stefan! no, no, no, no, no, Stef, please"

I pulled his head to my lap and started to cry harder.

I sobbed out "please, Stefan"

I could hear someone walk to me.

Damon " No..."

Valerie "Stefan!"

Damon kneeled down next to me.

I shook my head crying and pushed him away "no!"

He tried again "Ad-"

I screamed and pushed him away with vampire strength "No!"