2.79 Goodbyes

Stefan rushed to me and helped me up. I had cuts all over myself from the glass. 

Suddenly we heard "Stefan? Adelaide?!"

We saw Damon clutching Elena's unconscious body. My eyes widened. 

Damon "She won't wake up"

Me "Oh, my God."

Damon " She won't wake up. I don't understand."

Me "Get her to the hospital, now."

Damon nodded "Yeah."

He picked Elena up and speeded her out. 

I looked around "Where's Caroline?"

Suddenly everything went black.

In the car. On the road. 

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. My head was on Stefan's chest. He was slowly waking up too. 

Stefan groaned "where are we?"

Suddenly we heard Enzo "Good, you're up. Sorry to be indecorous, but you were both solidly unconscious when I pulled you from the wedding mayhem."

Me "Where are we going? "

My eyes widened " Elena!"

Enzo "Elena is in the hospital with Damon. Kai is dead, and all the Gemini's are going down with him. And. I grabbed the two of you to help me deal with a bigger problem."

I asked irritated "There's a bigger problem?!"

Warehouse district.

We walked through the warehouse district and saw how Lily was desperately opening warehouse door after warehouse door searching for something.

Lily called out " Valerie? Malcolm?"

When she realized that there is no one in the storage space, she closed the door.

I looked at Stefan who sighed in annoyance and approaches her.

Stefan " Get in the car, please."

Lily " 1702 Route 12. That's... That's where we are, right? I mean I read the map very carefully. He... He said they would be here. They're probably scared out of their minds."

Stefan asked irritated "Who are you talking about?"

Lily opened the door to another storage space and searched it "My friends. Kai brought them back when he escaped that prison. They're here, somewhere."

Stefan sighed "He lied to you. There's nobody out here. You made a deal with a sociopath, and now a lot of people are dead. You're wasting your time!"

Lily walked away ignoring Stefan. 

Stefan turned to me irritated. 

She opened another warehouse door. 

Stefan "Let me guess, not there either."

Lily "Did you come all this way to mock me?"

Stefan shook his head "No, I came here to put you back in your cell where you belong."

Lily " Do I look like a Ripper, Stefan? I've said repeatedly that the hope of being reunited with my family is enough to overcome the urges."

Stefan "Would you please just stop it with the word "family?" They're just a bunch of random people that you happened to sire!"

Lily was now offended " We spent a century and a half together. We're loyal to each other. Our relationship is a deeper bond than I have ever known. What other word would I use?"