2.25 Road Trip

Next day

Next day. Home. 

Elena, Stefan and i were hanging around at home. Stefan offered Elena to help her with history.

Stefan "Roman empire?"

Elena "476 A.D. sacked by the goths"

Stefan " Han Dynasty?"

Elena "220 A.D."

Stefan" Holy Roman Empire?"

Elena "Not really an empire, but 1648"

Stefan cheered " There goes your perfect score!"

Elena's eyes widened  " What? No! That was right."

Stefan shook his head "No, no, no. The book says it was 1806"

Elena looked at me "You said it was 1648"

I nodded " Okay, well 1806 may technically be right, but it was the Peace of Westphalia that truly ended the empire and that was in 1648, trust me."

Stefan nodded. 

The door bell rang.

Stefan " Oh, Caroline's here, I asked the sheriff to help me track down Damon."

I looked down. Elena nodded uncomfortable. 

Caroline walked inside  " You were right. He's off the rails. This is from my mom."

She handed Stefan some papers.

Stefan " Let me guess: missing persons and animal attacks?"

Caroline nodded "Check and check, but there's something else. All of the victims were found inside their homes without their head... and their skin was desiccated."

Stefan's eyes widened " Damon's feeding on vampires..."

He flipped open the folder and looked at some of the crime scene images. I stood up and walked to him. I looked over his shoulder into the file. 

Stefan sighed " I shouldn't have let him go."

Caroline shook his head " No. Uh uh. No, You are not turning Damon's roosting chickens into a Stefan Salvatore guilt trip. No one could've stopped him from going after Wes the other night."