2.22 "Enzo Happened"

Next day. Home. (Katherine pov)

I got out of my car and walked to the front door. 

My phone rang. 

I took it out and sighed annoyed. 

Caroline.

I answered fake happy "Hey, Care"

Caroline "hey"

Me "What happened after last night?"

Caroline "I screwed up"

I rolled my eyes "i'm sorry to hear that"

Caroline "I want to invite you to Whitmore's Annual Bitter Ball, a night to celebrate broken hearts, jilted lovers, and bitter singles.' "

I raised an eyebrow "you do realize that i'm in a relationship, right?"

Caroline "please come. And bring Stefan"

I sighed "fine"

I hung up and walked inside. 

I saw Damon drunk on the couch. 

Stefan walked in behind me and looked at Damon "You want to tell me what the hell's going on out in the driveway?"

There was broken glass everywhere. 

I must have hit a nerve last night.

Damon" Ah. I let Enzo drive last night. He's a little out of practice. Almost ended up in the damn foyer."

He stood up. 

Stefan raised an eyebrow " Huh. "

Damon's eyes widened " Oh. You mean Aaron."

Stefan nodded " Yeah."

Damon shrugged " Yeah. Well, last night, we hunted him down, and I ripped his throat out. Yeah. I just figured it's time to shove the last branch of the Whitmore family tree into the... wood chipper. "

He drank from the bottle. 

Stefan" So Elena breaks up with you, and your first instinct is to go in a killing spree? Could you be any more predictable?"

Enzo walked inside " It was my idea if it makes you feel any better. Enzo. Remember? We met when--"

Stefan" When you were trying to tear Damon's head off. Yeah. I remember."

He looked at Damon "  So, what, you guys are old pals again, murder buddies, is that it?"

Damon"Oh, you know how it goes. I mean, I left him for dead, he tried to kill me, we worked things out. You spend 5 years with someone in a dungeon, you have a pretty unbreakable bond."

Enzo "Say, you haven't heard from Dr. Wes Maxfield by any chance? Bloke's next on the Augustine hit list, and he's a slippery little devil."

Stefan"Is that the plan? Kill off Augustine and then go back to your sadistic, psychotic old self?"

Damon" I happen to like my old sadistic self, Stefan. In fact, I miss that guy. That guy was dumb enough to try and change himself to get a girl."

He gave me a look and i raised an eyebrow. 

Stefan " Hmm."

Damon" So, get another hobby, brother, because I'm not in the mood to be saved."

Enzo" What do you say? Shall we get you a new hobby? Golf..., scrapbooking?"

Damon nodded  "Scrapbooking."

Stefan" Come on, Damon. You're better than this."

Damon" On the contrary, brother. I'm better 'like' this. Ask your little girlfriend"