2.142 On The Road Again

Airport Motel. Night.

I was sitting on the other bed next to Caroline's. She was still passed out. 

My phone buzzed and i answered "Hey, Stef"

Stefan "where are you, angel?"

I bit my lip "out"

Stefan "and where's Caroline?"

Me "out"

Stefan "what happened?"

Me "Bonnie marked Caroline when she got into Bonnie's mind"

Stefan asked shocked "she's marked? how?"

I shook my head " I have no idea but she is"

Stefan "Where are you?"

Me "She didn't want to run but we both know that she doesn't have another option left"

Stefan "so are you going to leave with her?"

I sighed "i don't know, Stefan, you guys have to find a cure for Bonnie or Caroline's doomed"

Stefan "You stay with Caroline, we will search for a cure"

I asked unsure "you sure?"

Stefan "yes, Caroline's needs you know, angel, even though she doesn't want to admit it"

Me "i love you"

Stefan "i love you"

I hung up and saw Caroline opening her eyes.

Caroline stood up "Did you seriously just broke my neck ?"

I nodded "yep"

Caroline "Is this a hostage situation?"

Me "Be mad all you want, just do it while you're looking at these."

I handed her some traveling brochures featuring places to visit.

Caroline read one "Hong Kong." Yeah, that's really funny."

Me " All that matters is that we get moving, and we stay moving now."

Caroline""We"? There's no such thing as "we," Adelaide... There hasn't been for a very long time."

I scoffed " Fine. You want to do this alone, be my guest"

Then i pointed to the door "go ahead"

Caroline" Oh, how ironic, considering that the only reason I'm even here is that you decided to go all caveman and kidnapped me against my will. This is not you. You usually respect people's choices."

Me"Yeah, until it comes to life and death, and then it's not up for discussion. There's always a choice."

Caroline" You gave Katherine that choice."

Me " ... And everybody knows how that turned out for me. Katherine asked me to let her die in piece and then she put herself in my body because i respected her damn choice."

Caroline "Well, maybe one day you'll wake up and realize that I deserve the same respect that she did, but I stopped waiting for that day a long time ago. Whatever I decide to do about Bonnie is a decision that I'm going to make by myself or with my family, but not you."

I sighed "Caroline, listen to me. When you bring your family into this, you're putting them in danger too."

Caroline"And if I leave them behind, then I'm abandoning them, which is just as bad. Maybe even worse. "