2.119 The Queen Is Back

Next day. New Orleans. 

Stefan and i got out of the car. He had parked in front of the St.James Infirmary. He walked past me but i grabbed his wrist to stop him. 

He turned to me confused. 

I looked at his chest "i wanna see it"

He sighed and shook his head "don't"

I pulled down his collar a little and saw the unhealed X-shaped wound from that bloody sword. 

I sighed and we walked inside. We walked to the bar and sat down. 

Stefan ordered two shots for us. 

The bartender, Sylvia, smirked at me "Adelaide Petrova"

I rolled my eyes when she walked away.

Stefan raised his eyebrows "you've been here before?"

I just downed my drink and so did he. 

Stefan eyed me  "you want to tell me something?"

Me "I'm kind of a big thing in this city"

Stefan raised an eyebrow "how big?"

Me " Royalty-big . Queen-big"

Stefan nodded  "That's big"

I nodded and looked around "won't take long for everyone to find out that the Queen is back in town. And with Everyone i mean everyone"

Stefan looked at me confused but then i saw someone sitting down next to him. 

Here we go

The guy smirked amused "  Welcome to New Orleans, old friends."

Stefan's head turned to him in shock"Klaus"

He smirked " As I live and breathe. Stefan Salvatore in the Crescent City. This ought to be very good, or entertainingly bad. "

Then he looked at me "Not to forget the Queen"

I fake smiled. 

Stefan "I'm just in town for a little R & R. Hate to disappoint. So... How are Elijah, and, uh, whoever else you've brought back from the dead?"

Nik shrugged, amused  " Oh, you know the Mikaelsons. Never a dull moment."

Stefan's phone buzzed but he turned it off. 

Nik "So, of all the gin joints, you pick ours... Four walls invulnerable to the magic of those pesky locator spells. Bit of a coincidence, isn't it?"

Stefan "Damon's looking for us and we don't want to be found. I figure you, of all people, can relate to family drama."

Nik " Sylvia, this is an old friend. Please keep his cup brimming."

Sylvia  eyed Stefan up and down and i raised my eyebrows at her "Mmm. Cute old friend. Where have you been hiding him?"

Nik " Quaint little place called Mystic Falls. Home of the mining fires that prompted a town-wide evacuation. It was very noble of you to stand up for the human faction as you did, in such uncharacteristically sweeping, dramatic fashion."

Stefan "I did have some help."

Nik looked at me " How is Caroline?"

I tensed my jaw and fake smiled at Sylvia " Sylvia, I think we're gonna need another round."

She smiled and poured us another round. 

Stefan's phone started to buzz again.

Nik looked at him"someone's wanted"

Stefan rolled his eyes, walked away and answered his phone. 

Nik turned to me " What are you doing here?"

I slapped him. 

He didn't look affected at all.

Me "That was for sleeping with Caroline!"

Nik nodded ,smirking "It was worth it."

I rolled my eyes. 

Nik " I see you and Stefan are still together. I really want to see my brother's reaction when he finds out the Queen is back. And that she brought her new king along with her"

I shook my head "Don't you dare, Nik"

Nik "Why are you back, love, i thought you hated us?"

I shook my head, rolling my eyes "I only hate you"

Nik fake pouted "You are hurting my feelings, love"

I asked fake surprised "Since when do you give a damn about feelings, Nik?"

Nik "I'm glad to have the queen back in her kingdom"

I shook my head "don't say that"

Nik smirked "why not?"

Me "I don't want to be here, trust me"

Nik smirked "yet, here you are"

I looked down. 

Nik "You are and will always be the queen of this city, nothing will change that"

I shook my head "But i don't want that title"

Nik "should've thought about that before you came to this town looking for Elijah 300 years ago"

I sighed and downed his drink. 

He raised an eyebrow "what happened to you? You seem different"

Me "people change, Nik"

He chuckled shaking his head "but not you, love, something happened, something that changed your life"

I shook my head "The last months weren't exactly perfect for me"

Nik "Tell me"

I downed my shot "The night my sister died wasn't the night she died. She put herself inside my body for weeks pretending to be me and no one noticed it. Then a lot of other stuff happened. Caroline got pregnant but the babies were magically put inside of her by the dead coven of the birth mother. Ric's babies... (Imagine Adi telling him everything)"

Nik nodded "Siphon babies, vampire-witch Heretics? Hmm, sounds like you've been having quite a lot of fun since last our paths crossed."

Me "Well, to be clear, Caroline practically died in childbirth. And she's not actually their mother. It just sort of... happened."

Nik" So, she carried two lives in her womb, she gave birth to them, and now she plans to hand those cooing little faces over to Alaric without so much as a hiccup of hesitation?Yeah, you're probably right, that does sound like the Caroline I remember."

Stefan walked back to us. 

Nik gave me a look "If you care about her as you say you do, why aren't you with her now? With your nieces?"

I fake smiled "Because i missed you"

Stefan " umm... Damon's found himself in a bit of a werewolf predicament. I know I said he was a pain in the ass, but is there any chance you'd be willing to spare some blood? Just in case things go south?"

I sighed when i saw his wound starting to bleed again. It was showing through his shirt. 

Nik growled when he saw the X-shaped blood stain"That is the mark of the Phoenix Sword."

Stefan looked at him shocked. 

Me "That's why i am back, Nik"