2.50 "Way Better"

Next day Morning

Next day Morning. 

I had my legs on Caroline 's lap when we heard a knock on the door. The door opened and i sighed when i saw who it was. 

Caroline looked at him" We're not friends anymore, which means you can't just show up unannounced at my door. Good-bye."

She stood up and went to shut the door in his face but Stefan walked inside before she could to that. 

Stefan"Hey, Caroline. Look. You're not safe. Tripp's men still have your name."

Caroline said amused " So, what? You here to protect me? News flash! I don't need your protection, and more importantly, I don't want it. I have Adelaide"

I raised my hand "here"

Caroline's phone rang and she answered "Hey, mom. Can I call you back? I'm trying to get a piece of gum off of my shoe."

Liz " Actually, honey, this can't wait. Do you have any idea where Tripp Cook might be?"

Caroline looked at me confused but i shook my head confused too" Tripp? No. I have no idea. Why?"

Liz" Because one of his men just ran me off the road, and they're gonna kill me if they don't get him back."

Her eyes widened and she looked at me. My jaw dropped. 

On the road. 

I was sitting in the passenger seat while Stefan drove. Caroline was in the backseat trying to reach Enzo.

Caroline "Answer your phone, Enzo! I just... I didn't call her today, you know? I always call my mom every Saturday morning, but, no, today, I said, "screw it. I want to sleep in. I'll do it tomorrow.""

Stefan" Well, don't worry. We're almost there."

Caroline asked irritated " We're almost there? You said, two hours and then kill him. Do you even remember how long ago you said that? I mean, what kind of person sets a ticking clock without setting his watch?"