2.43 Witchy Drug

At a Diner. 

I walked inside and to Alaric who was sitting on a table. I sat don across from him. 

Ric looked at me and smiled "how ya doing?"

I nodded "i'll survive"

Ric sighed.

I raised an eyebrow "what?"

Ric"that's always you're answer"

I nodded "because it's the truth,Ric, i'm not feeling good but i'll survive"

Caroline walked to us with three big books in her hands. She put them on the table. 

My eyes widened "You read all that?"

Ric asked surprised "you are already done?"

Caroline sat down next to me" Cover to cover, with no mention on how to undo an anti-magic force-field. And if I'm going to single-handedly take back our town, I'm gonna need a little bit more to go on."

Alaric" Got it. All right, well.  I brought "Ancient Witchcraft, volume two"."

He took a book out. 

Caroline nodded" I read it."

Alaric" How about "The Art of Hexing" and "Elements of Magic"?"

He showed them to her. She took them. 

Caroline " Fine. Thank you. So... how's Stefan?"

 I sighed when i heard his name. 

Alaric nodded " He's ok."

I raised my eyebrows. 

Caroline" How often do you talk to him?"

Me "the question should be: when were you going to tell me you're still in contact with him?"

Alaric looked at me "Never"

Then he looked at Caroline " Couple times a week."

Caroline nodded " Oh, huh."

Alaric raised an eyebrow " Is something bothering you?"

Caroline "He didn't say goodbye. Damon and Bonnie died and he just left. No phone calls, no e-mails. Just disappeared into thin air. And I haven't heard from him in months. I actually convinced myself he was in some remote mountain region and couldn't accept my calls."

I scoffed. 

Alaric" Or maybe he just doesn't want to bother you with every half-lead that goes nowhere."

Caroline nodded "Maybe. Thanks for the books."

At Whitmore. 

Tyler and i were walking around the the crowd. It was minutes before the match and people were having fun and stuff and i think the majority was already shit-faced drunk. 

Someone bumped into Tyler. 

Tyler snapped " Oh. Watch it, dick! "

It was Ric. 

Tyler " Whoa, sorry. Still working out the kinks of being human. My tolerance blows. "

He took a sip of the beer. 

I took a sip of mine. 

Alaric nodded" Yeah, Tyler, not to play chaperone here, but are you sure somebody with your anger issues should be drinking at all this close to a full moon?"