2.125 Throwing Us Out

Night. home. 

Stefan and i decided to head back home because Damon texted us that he had killed Rayna. We walked into the library and saw how Damon was digging through a dresser, where he pulled out two different bottles of alcohol.

Stefan smiled pleased " Ah. Looking for a bottle to celebrate? I gotta say, I'm impressed. Got your text. I didn't think you'd be able to kill her."

Damon looked at us with a look " Actually, my exact message read: "She's taken care of."

Stefan asked confused " Yeah, she's taken care of?"

Damon nodded "Yeah..."

He grimaced. 

I sighed annoyed "what the hell did you do now, Damon?"

Damon didn't answer. 

Stefan frowned "answer her question"

Damon just pulled another face. 

I breathed out annoyed "you have got to be kidding me!"

Stefan raised his eyebrows "What? So, you didn't kill her?"

Damon nodded " I did. A number of times. As it turns out, she only has eight lives. The last one's the problem. Turns out that if she dies for good, everyone with that scar on your chest does, as well."

My jaw dropped shocked. 

Stefan said stunned " So, we can't kill her."

Damon shook his head "No. But, the good news is, the Armory has her, and they're not gonna let her escape."

Stefan "Except for that time they did."

Damon sighed " Look, I know it's not ideal, okay? It's what we got."

He took his drink and started to walk out of the room when he called out to me. 

Damon "Caroline's staying in Dallas with Ric and the kids"

Stefan looked at me. 

I sighed "I'm in the parlor."

He nodded and i walked into the next room. 

I took my phone out and called Caroline. 

Mailbox "Here's Caroline, leave a message"

I sighed annoyed and hung up. 

I could hear the boys talking in the library.

Stefan scoffed "You don't get it, do you?"

Damon asked frustrated "What?"

Stefan " As long as I have this scar, Rayna will hunt me. This isn't about just you and me anymore-- Adelaide's involved. I'm not gonna put her in any danger, which means that I can't be happy with my girlfriend as long as Rayna is alive. And you just told me she can never die, so we have to figure out another way to get rid of her, or we need to get rid of this scar."

I sighed and sat down on the sofa. 

Damon shrugged "That's a good plan... for you."

Stefan asked confused " What is this?"

Damon " We both know the last few months have been impossible for me. I've been walking a tightrope. Falling off constantly. I'm not a good brother when I'm not with Elena, and when I'm not a good brother, people get hurt."

The hell is he talking about?

Stefan "So, you're just gonna run away?"

Damon " Nope. I'm gonna stay in one place. Desiccated, right next to her."