2.55 "Stop It!"

Next day. Grill. 

I woke up and looked around.

I saw Kai in front of me.

Kai" See, we never went out to dinner when I was a kid, so, I always had this fascination with chefs and fine dining. Dad actually let me cook... Taught me to measure by eye. Seasonings to taste, all that stuff, but it's different now in the restaurant world. Everything's on time. It's like, the fries go in, you push a button, it dings and you take 'em out. Literally no guess work."

My hands were tied with rope soaked in vervain.

I sighed annoyed "Why am I here?"

Kai" Uh, well I spent eighteen years in abandoned restaurants and now I'm showing off the fruits of my labor."

Kai started eating eggs.

Me "you know what i mean"

Kai" Oh, you mean like, here here, in Mystic Falls. "

He chuckled " Sorry, I'm nervous I forgot how pretty you were"

I rolled my eyes " Why am I here, Kai?"

Kai" Well, I took the spell that was keeping supernaturals out of Mystic Falls and I, I like absorbed it...Like ate it, I guess. It's cool, huh? First I eat magic, and then eventually, I lose it. But a huge spell like that? I mean, come on. Magic's oozing out of me, it's all over the place. You know, I didn't quite realize I was out of control until I met the manager of the Grill a few hours ago. And he was all like, "Hey, you can't come in here; we're closed. And you have an unconscious girl over your shoulder." "

I didn't look amused at all. 

Kai "And then I was like, "Don't judge me." And then I gave him a heart-attack--tried to, but all I did was make him vomit uncontrollably, which was like, ugh, let's stop that. "

I rolled my eyes "sure"

Kai "So then I tried again and I think I broke his spine? I mean, I'm not, I'm not really sure, because the third time I tried the spell, he kinda exploded in blood. Whoops. "

He took a sip of his coffee.

I eyed him "i completely forgot how fucked up you are "

Kai "I have too much magic. You know, it wasn't until after my test run with the manager that I realized, if I start to merge with Jo and my gushing fountains of magic turn her into that guy, then I'm not gonna have a twin for the merge. So, sweetcheeks, that is why you are here.  Because I need to get my magic under control. By practicing with you. Or rather, by practicing on you. Oh, PS: Silver lining, after the manager finally stopped thrashing around, I finally managed a cloaking spell. Thank you. It's easy to do and...undo. Phasmatos oculix. "

Suddenly the dead manager laid on the table in front of me.

I looked at Kai unimpressed and annoyed. 

Kai laughed"Table for three.  You had no idea. "

At school. 

I groaned in pain and opened my eyes. 

My hands were bound to the ceiling in the hallway.

Me "What the hell are we doing here, Kai?"

Kai" They have plenty of restrooms, no flammable surfaces, and everyone's on winter break...Still. "

I tried to pull myself free.

Kai" Anyway, do you mind if I try to turn your blood into acid again?"

I raised an eyebrow " Again?"

Kai took his his jacket off "Yeah, that's uh, that's kinda how you got here in the first place.  I was trying the whole acid-blood thing and I think I burst a few important capillaries in your brain, because you blacked out."

Me " Kai, you don't have to do this. Listen to me, you don't have to do this."

Kai" Phasmatos navaro pulsus sanguinox"

I hissed in pain. 

Kai "Phasmatos navaro"

I yelled " Stop!"

Kai " Sanguinox"

My eyes widened when i realized what he was doing. 

Me "My ring. Kai, you're melting my ring."

Kai " Phasmatos"

I yelled" Kai, stop it!"

Kai " Navaro pul--"

I finally pulled free, bringing the lights crashing down. I ran into the closest room, which was a chemistry classroom.

I shook my head " No, no, no, no. No, no, no.  No. No."

My ring's gone.

Kai was behind me "Take it that ring meant something to you?  I never understood sentimental attachments to things, because then it's so upsetting when you lose them."

I put my hand in the sunlight until it caught fire, then i used the gas from the chem lab with the fire and the fire hit Kai. He was thrown backwards. 

I speeded into another classroom.

---

I woke up tied to the table, with vervain-covered ropes. 

Kai is standing over me wearing a Mystic Falls Timberwolves shirt and drinking a soda.

Kai smirked "Oh, hello."

Me" Nice shirt."

Kai smiled " Well, thanks. Yeah, somebody burned my other one. Which was awesome, by the way."

I rolled my eyes. 

Kai" I am starting to see why i digged you. You are crazy-pants. Oh, it sucks about that shirt, though."

Me "You burned my ring"

Kai smiled "i know. For how long did you own it?"

Me "over 500 years"

Kai smiled "what a shame. I liked it"

I scoffed. 

Kai smirked exited "Is this going to be like an episode of "Ricki Lake" where I come face-to-face with my demons and change for the better?"

Me "I believe you would suck the magic out of your demons instead of coming clean with them"

Kai nodded "you know me"

Me "sadly"

Kai kneeled down in front of me and put a hand on my cheek "i missed you"

I scoffed "you don't even know what that means."

Kai "but i did, Adelaide Petrova"

I growled "i don't even remember how long we were a thing"

Kai "four months"

I nodded "yeah, i remember. Well, all i remember is the sex "

Kai nodded "it was mostly about sex"

I nodded "That explains a lot"

 Kai sat down cross-legged across from me. He looked me in the eyes. 

Me "Stop with whatever spell you are doing"

Kai used his finger to scratch a something in my face, while not touching me.

I felt a "K" on my cheek .

I hissed "stop it"

Kai smiled when the scratch healed. 

Kai "Just working on my self-control."