2.122 Tension

On the road. Night.

Marcel was driving a black car down the road to the Davilla Estate. Hayley and Stefan were in the trunk. We were going to crash the party. Let's hope we don't get there too late. 

I looked at of the window  "you stayed"

Then i looked at him and he gave me a quick glance before looking back at the street.

Marcel scoffed  "like i had a choice"

Me "i thought you were dead, Marcel. But then Elijah told me otherwise when he said goodbye to me before he left to come back here. "

Marcel " But you didn't come back with him or at all.  you never showed yourself since that night"

I shook my head "i didn't want to. I didn't feel the need to come back here, Marc."

He nodded. 

Me "I watched this city burn down twice, I didn't come back because i didn't want to watch it burn down a third time"

Marcel chuckled dry "you will always be part of this city, Ad, whether you like it or not"

I nodded "i know"

Then I looked out of the window again.

Marcel "Adelaide Petrova is a well known name in this city. "

I chuckled dry "of course is it"

Marcel took a deep breath.

Me "i just want to get Elijah out, and maybe even Nik"

He chuckled and stopped in front of a gate. A guy walked to us and Marcel rolled down the window.

The guy looked at me and i raised an eyebrow at him. 

Marcel "That's Adelaide Petrova"

The guy nodded and opened the gate. Marcel drove inside and parked the car in a garage.

We got out of the car and walked into a pool room. I looked around and saw a few young witches and Aya. My heart dropped when i saw Nik's and Elijah's body floating in the water.

Marcel "Any problems?"

He was as nervous as i was. 

Aya turned to us and her eyes fell on me.

She fake smirked "Adelaide Petrova, What brings you here?"

Me "This is still my town and Elijah is still my sire. I want to see it when the link breaks"

She nodded smirking and then she looked back at Marcel " No. We're nearly there. After today, one man's recklessness will no longer weigh on the shoulders of his sires. Thousands of vampires across the world will be freed from the tyranny of the Originals.I'm really glad you're here, both of you"

She touched his chest with her fingers. I rolled my eyes. 

Aya " Stay close by when it happens."

Marcel fake smiled "Mmm. Oh, I'm not going anywhere."

Aya walked away, and Marcel's smile dropped. He rushed over to a girl who was kneeling at the edge of the pool with other witches who had black coats on. She was pouring a clear red fluid into the water around Nik and Elijah.

Marcel "Did you know?"

I waked behind him and crossed my arms over my chest as he kneeled down to her. 

The girl looked at him "Know what?"

Marcel  "She's going to kill them. Klaus first. Then, if the sireline is proven broken, Elijah won't last much longer."

The girl shook her head surprised " I didn't know. But... does that really change anything?"

Marcel's eyes widened horrified  "If it fails and Aya puts Aurora's bullet into Klaus' heart, I die. Josh dies."

She frowned "You don't think I can do it."

He sighed " It's too risky. And either way, Klaus is gone. Your boyfriend Kol's brother. My sire."

Me "not to forget Elijah! MY sire"

The girl" I get it. Klaus saved you like you saved me. You think you owe him, but you don't. He's taken far more than he's given-- from you, from me, from Kol. He's had his turn. Two years ago, you asked me to find a way to break the sire link because you wanted to kill Klaus. I swore to you that I would find a way to do it. Now, I have. You trusted me then."

I looked at him surprised "oh really?"

Marcel turned to me "Mistakes were made"

Then he turned to her "Circumstances have changed, all right? Things are different now, D--"

She cut him off " No! We've always protected each other. When you had me shunned, I was furious. But now... I get it. You'll always protect me, no matter what. Even if I hate you for it."

She teared up" You deserve to be free of Klaus. We all do. But I can't do this if you don't trust me. I'm scared, Marcel. And you're the only family that I have. So, are we in this together? Because if so, I can do it."

Davina sniffled and stood up "No doubts, no hesitation... I can do it."

Marcel sighed, looked at me and stood up. He turned back to the girl and squeezed her shoulder. She smiled. 

---

I was standing next to Marcel. He was chewing his fingernails while the witches were looking through their notes for the spell. Neither of us had any idea how this night will end. 

The girl "I'm ready."

I looked at Marcel's wrist and at his watch. I nearly smiled when i looked at the clock. 

Marcel to the girl " Are you sure? Take your time."

 Aya walked into the room with a crowd of Strix vampires.

Aya "If the girl is ready, she's ready."

She put the heel of her boot on the edge of the pool and kneeled forward to get a good look at Klaus and Elijah, who were still floating unconsciously in the pool. The girl raised her hood and put it over her hair in preparation.

Aya " All of us have waited long enough for this."

The girl took a heart out of the box.

The girl "The unsired heart will bind the Sisters' magic to these waters."

She walked over to the edge of the pool and held the heart aloft over the water" Once the pool's fully charged with the Mikaelson blood, I can break the sire link."

Then she dropped the heart into the pool with a large splash.

I looked at Marcel who was also looking at me. 

---

I watched as Davina slit Nik's throat with an athame as she chanted the incantation to the de-linking spell.

Davina " Nemo unus animabus carnem..."

She let his body fall back into the pool.

Then she slit Elijah's throat.

Davina " Nemo unus animabus carnem..."

Before she could drop Elijah's body back into the water, Aya leaned forward toward him, almost as if she was giving him a mocking kiss goodbye. 

I rolled my eyes. We are running out of time. 

Davina and the witches "Nemo unus animabus carnem..."

The blood of the brothers was turning the water dark red.