2.59 BonBon's B-Day

Next day

Next day. Home. 

Caroline was on the phone with her mom. 

We were decorating the house for Bonnie's b-day. 

Caroline " Mom, I'm not calling to check up on you, ok? I'm just about to start making Bonnie's birthday cake and want to make sure that your recipe called for 3 eggs instead of 4, right?All right. I'm just a phone call away in case you need any...  bye."

There was already a cake on the table. 

Caroline gasped when she saw a teddy on the table. 

I walked to her. 

Caroline " Is it just me, or do her eyes follow you around the room?"

I looked at the teddy "It's definitely you."

Caroline" I haven't seen Miss Cuddles in 12 years."

Me " Well, that's the bear Bonnie sent back from 1994. I guess she lost the original."

Caroline shook her head " No. She didn't lose her. I took her. "

She turned to bear around " Yeah. When Bonnie and I were little, we got in this huge fight, so to get back at her, I bearnapped Miss Cuddles, and then I didn't want my mom to come home and find out, so then I buried her in the woods. I even left some M&M's to mark the spot where I left her, but something must have eaten them."

Me " Well, I'm pretty sure that Bonnie is over it by now."

Caroline shook my head" Miss Cuddles isn't. She's out there all alone like Bonnie. You know what? I'm gonna go find her."

My eyes widened "You're gonna what-? The bear?"

Caroline grabbed her jacket " Yeah. It's Bonnie's birthday."

Me " Wait, wait. Hold on. Caroline, you've been going through a lot lately. Do you think that maybe you're just a little confused about what you're actually upset about?"

Caroline nodded "Yes, probably, but my mom's dying, and my best friend is stuck in an alternate universe, and her bear is in a hole in the woods, and there's only one of those things that I can do anything about."