2.101 The Phoenix Stone

Night. Home.

Damon was standing in front of the fireplace of his bedroom. I was sitting on the bed watching him burning Lily's clothes in the fire.

Suddenly a very pissed off Julian walked inside "I'm sure there are places that would have loved those as a donation."

Damon turned to him "Back so soon?"

I stood up and walked to Damon.

Julian " That tends to happen when I'm threatened. Where is she?"

Damon and i frowned confused.

Damon " I'm not exactly sure who "she" is."

Julian "Don't play dumb. I got your brother's text message. I was told to come alone. I am here alone. Now, where is Mary Louise?"

My eyes widened. 

Damon asked impressed " Stefan kidnapped Mary Louise? Ballsy."

Julian "I just spent two hours crammed in a small metal tube, flying across the country to be here. It was hell."

Damon "Hmm."

Julian took the Phoenix-Stone-clad sword out and aimed it at us. 

Damon pushed me behind him. 

Julian "But that is just a fraction of the hell that this sword will put you in if I don't get her back."

Damon sighed frustrated  " Look, Jules. You and I, we got no beef, okay? You didn't kill my baby, and I don't blame you for Lily's death. It was her own stupid fault."

Julian "Kindly do not speak that way about your mother."

Damon " Let's just stick with "Lily." Mother's incidental."

Julian "Right. I forgot. You don't care about your mother. Look at you not caring as you burn her clothes, attempting to erase every trace of her existence."

Damon defended himself " I needed space in my closet."

I sighed, he was playing with fire.

Julian " See, I always knew that her love for you would get her killed. It was toxic."

Damon shook his head "No. It was nonexistent."

Julian "Heh. It's easier for you to think that way, isn't it? Because then you don't have to take any responsibility for her death."

Damon " She killed herself."

Julian "Because she couldn't turn her back on you."

Damon looked unamused "Funny, because I would have had no problem turning mine on her."

Suddenly Julian speeded toward us, Damon shoved me to the side before Julian reached us, he shoving Damon backward onto the floor and aimed the sword at Damon's heart. My eyes widened. 

Julian "I don't know what your hell will be, but I hope she's there."

I speeded to them and pushed Julian off Damon.

 Suddenly Stefan waked inside. 

Julian looked at him and speeded out.

----------

The boys and i walked downstairs to the parlor. Julian was standing in front of the lit fireplace there.

Stefan "Thought you ran away"

Julian chuckled"In my own house? I'm twice your age. I could take both of you."

Damon "Well, our princess, here, is way older than you"

I rolled my eyes. 

Damon "but you could certainly try."

He picked up a ceramic vase from the table and threw it at Julian, but Julian used the sword to smash it before it could hit him. Julian speeded toward Stefan and shoved him across the room, causing him to fly over a table and shatter the glass dishes on top of it. Damon angrily shoved Julian against the fireplace mantle and held a knife to his neck, but Julian used his strength to turn the blade on Damon. He then snapped Damon's forearm and head-butted him in the face.

Damon groaned. 

Julian head-butted him three more times until Damon's nose bled. Damon punched Julian in the face, Julian kicked him backward onto the floor and flipped his sword in his hand to prepare to stab Damon with it.

Julian "I would have killed you on sight if it weren't for your mother. I respected her."

Then he hit Damon in the back of the head with the hilt of the blade, knocking him on his face on the floor. I growled and speeded to Julian and punched him in the face. Stefan then threw a vervain dart at him. It hit him in the neck.

Stefan "Clearly the feeling wasn't mutual."

He pulled out a small stake and lunged for Julian, who stabbed Stefan in the stomach with a broken piece of wood from the table. 

Stefan gasped out.

I speeded to them and pushed him off Stefan. 

Julian suddenly aimed the sword at me "I had hoped you would stay out of this, Adelaide"

He took a step to me but i took one back. 

Stefan groaned out "don't touch her"

Julian "Why not let you suffer by killing her?"

My eyes widened when he smirked at me.

Julian speeded at me. Before i could speed away Julian stabbed me in the heart with the sword. 

I gasped shocked and could hear the boys yell my name. 

I felt like the life was sucked out of me.

Then everything went black.