2.140 Penny

Next day. Birmingham. 

Stefan was packing the stuff into the trunk while i was calling Damon

Stefan was packing the stuff into the trunk while i was calling Damon. I wasn't going to speak to him but Stefan wanted me to call Damon. 

Damon " How's it going?"

Stefan " Finished off the ones in Huntsville and Birmingham."

Damon "Ah, good. Overachiever. Somebody taking out their aggression because Blondie left them on the front porch?"

Stefan " Well, Damon, you're the authority on being hated, so why don't you tell me how to deal with the situation."

Damon"Still mad, huh?"

Stefan shook his head, annoyed "I'm not mad, I'm just tired. Who's next on our hit list?"

Damon" Bloodsucker from the Age of Enlightenment. Ended up in a MMA fighter. Dropping bodies all through the Palmetto State."

Stefan" Doesn't sound very enlightened."

Damon " That's why I'm partnering the two of you up with Donovan."

Stefan and i looked at each other surprised. 

Stefan "Matt? He wants me dead. He released Rayna to kill me."

Damon" Bit extreme, even for Donovan."

Stefan" Long story."

Damon "I don't have time for a short story, Stefan. Listen, you two figure out your differences while killing this MMA fighter"

I turned around and saw a SUV coming our way. 

Stefan "Oh, I guess I don't really have much of a choice, do I?"

Damon"Stefan, answering your question about how to deal with being hated, three little words, Just don't care."

Stefan" It's funny coming from a guy working so hard to save his friend's life. How exactly do you plan on making things up with Adelaide?"

Damon" I can live with Adi hating me, just as long as she lives. I got to go."

He hung up.