2.102 Inside The Stone

Adelaide's Hell Place. Bulgaria. 1492

I walked into down the street to my family's house. 

My eyes widened when i saw it was still standing.

I asked myself "how is that possible? Katerina and i burned it down"

I walked to the front door and opened it. I walked inside and was surprised that i was able to enter.

I saw my Mama talking to my Papa.

My eyes widened shocked.

I felt tears in my eyes "Mama?"

She turned to me and smiled "Аделаида, аз не очаквах да дойдете толкова рано" (Adelaide, i didn't expect you to come so early)

I let the tears roll down my cheeks "Mama"

I ran to her and hugged her.

Mama asked surprised "Нещо не е наред ли?" (is something wrong?)

I shook my head and hugged her harder " Нищо не е наред" (nothing's wrong)

I held back my sobs and Mama let go of me.

I looked around "Where's Katerina?"

Suddenly i heard my Papa "Не смей да кажеш това име"( Don't you dare say that name)

I looked at him in hate and disgust "Ти си чудовище" (you are a monster)

Papa pointed at the door "Отивам" (Go)

Mama shook her head "не" (no)

Papa "Тя отвращава това семейство, когато заминава с Катерина" (She disgraced this family when she left with Katerina)

I looked down. 

Papa raised his voice"Тя вече не означава нищо за нас!" (She means nothing to us anymore!)

Mama yelled in defense "Тя ми е дъщеря!" (She is my daughter!)

Papa pushed Mama to the side and raised a hand at me. 

Mama screamed "Не я докосвайте!" (do not touch her!)

My eyes widened. That was the first time Mama ever raised her voice at Papa. 

Before papa's hand could meet my cheek i caught it. 

Papa's eyes widened and so did Mama's. 

I looked at Mama with bloodshot eyes "трябва да ти кажа нещо" (i need to tell you something)

Suddenly the whole atmosphere changed and i saw dead people everywhere. 

Me "Mama?!"

Then it hit me. 

I shook my head "no, no, no, please, no"

I ran into my mama's bedroom and my heart broke.

I cried out "Mama? Mama?!"

I ran to her and hugged her dead body again. Not again, please.

I sobbed out "Mama!"

She was dead. again. 

Suddenly i heard a voice behind me "You had this coming when you made Elijah fall in love with you"

I growled and turned around "Katherine"

She smirked, put a hand on her hip and winked at me with the other one"Hello, sis, long time not seen"

I shook my head "You cannot be here. You died when Stefan stabbed me. You are dead!"

Katherine said amused " Oh, my sweet, sweet sister. You're right, i'm dead. I've been dead since the night i killed myself"

I stood up, confused  "how is that possible?"

Katherine chuckled smirking "Think, Adelaide, you are a smart one"

I shook my head "This isn't real"

Katherine "Your spirit is trapped inside the Phoenix Stone. "

She looked around and walked to our dead Papa. she looked at him closer.

Katherine "Why do i see a bite wound on Papa's neck?"

She turned to me smirking " what did you do?"

I didn't answer.

Katherine "tell me, what did you do?"

Me "You already know"

Katherine smirked "do i?"

Me "i killed Papa"

She chuckled " say it again."

Me "i killed Papa"

Katherine "Now tell me how it happened"

Me "why do you want to know'?"

Katherine "Because it looks like you're not gonna get rid of me soon"

Me "I arrived in Bulgaria moments before Klaus did. Well, that was what i thought. But i was wrong. I told Mama everything but you knew Papa....."

Katherine nodded "true"

Me "He told me i should've stayed dead. How much of a disappointment i was for going with you, a traitor. He called me a monster. I lost control and attacked him"

I looked down "Mama tried to pull me off him, she begged me not to hurt him even though she knew what kind of a monster he was. She wasn't the one pulling me off him, though. It was Klaus. Mama had invited him in and he pulled me off Papa. He speeded us out and i, well, i screamed at him for turning me into this monster. And all he did was asking me where you were. i wish i had known to sell you out. He said that he would take care of everything, that he would make sure you suffer for running away. And i agreed."

Katherine "what happened then?"

I shook my head "don't"

Katherine growled "what then, Adelaide ?"

Me "Then he compelled me to stand in the door frame until he left. I watched how he slaughtered my family. I heard their screams. He had compelled me not to do anything until he left. And when he was done i was able to "admire" his "work".  i walked through the house. They were all dead. "

I took in a breath "His goal was to make you pay and I was just collateral damage"

Katherine " you killed Mama and Papa"

I started to cry and shook my head "Klaus killed them "

Katherine "You let him get this far. You killed Mama, admit it! "

I took a deep breath and put my guard up "a game to get me to break because of their death? his death? to be the cause of our family's death? Because it ain't working, sister."

Katherine smirked "I always get what i want, Adelaide, don't ever forget that"

Then she ripped my heart out