2.74 "Everything's Going To Be Okay"

I was at Caroline's house. I saw an envelope on the table the same envelope Caroline had burned earlier. Liz walked to me with a sewing kit in hand. 

Liz"Okay. Needle and thread, as requested. Do I want to know why you suddenly decided to take up sewing?"

I giggled " Well, Caroline and Stefan spent the entire day digging in the woods to find Miss Cuddles, and now she wants to repair it. She's very task-oriented."

Liz chuckled nodding "Yes, I'm aware."

She handed me the box and the memory faded out. 

I looked at Caroline who looked confused and horrified. 

She gasped shocked "What the hell is this?"

I gasped in pain " It...It's a memory, a real one."

I took the sewing kit from Liz.

Me" Thank you."

I laughed a little "You should have seen the look on Caroline's face when she showed me the fallen apart bear"

Liz "You're a good friend to her, Adelaide. I hope you will always be there for her. Be her family.She needs you more than you think. More than she admits to herself"

My eyes widened.

Liz" I'm dying. I'm allowed to be blunt. It's a time-saver."

Me "i think she has more things to think about"

Liz laughed " Oh, blame me, why don't you?"

Me "Caroline knows i'm always there for her. No matter what, she can always count on me"

She smiled. 

I looked at the envelope on the table "Hey. Do you want me to mail that out for you?"

Liz shook her head " Oh. No, thanks. I'm still working on it."

She picked it up " I'll mail it out tomorrow. I have an idea of what I want to say. It's just... I guess I want it to be perfect, too."

I smiled " You're a good mom."

Liz nodded" I hope so."

Caroline pulled the stake out and i gasped out relieved.

I looked at Caroline. I saw her slowly breaking.

Caroline" I want to see the rest. "

I gasped when my wound healed. 

Caroline grabbed my hand "Let me see her!"

I walked out on the porch and hugged Liz goodbye.

Me "See you tomorrow"

Liz "bye, Adelaide"

I let go of her and she smiled at me. Then she closed the door

Caroline rushed up the porch steps to see her mother " Wait, wait. Mom! Mom! It's me! It's Caroline. Just come outside. I want to talk to you."

She pleaded desperately"  I want to read your letter! Please. Mommy! "

She kept knocking on the door "Mom, please. Come back. "