Nature of magic (part 2).........

Edited by: dragonsam656

........................

As Reind touched the crystal ball it started to glow brightly in three different colours. Namely purple, red and green. Reind was really proud of himself as he showed it to his sons. Apparently it is a rare occurrence when a person is able to use more than two types of magic but Reind had three types and one of them being the strengthening which makes it even more of a rare occurrence.

Strengthening magic was only used by the knights as it was a self enhancement magic it could not even manipulate any element much less nature itself.

Reind having three elements of magic and him being able to master them all says for the man's achievement itself, although he looked like an idiotic doting parent outside of his home he was quite renowned as being one of the strongest man in the kingdom.

After he demonstrated it, Ray and Allen started to pester him about letting them try it at once. At first he firmly refused the kids but after some begging, and a few puppy eyes from Allen and Ray's eyes, brightly shining with excitement, the man lost his ground. He asked Melinda to cast a protection spell on the ball a long time ago, so, he was quite relieved from the idea of them getting injured.

First up was Ray, Reind instructed him to just touch the crystal ball with his hands and not to remove his hands until he says so. Ray did what he was instructed to and the crystal ball started to brightly shine in all the seven colours. The crystal ball was shining way more brightly than it did when Reind was touching it. Now was Allen's turn he did exactly what Reind told to Ray and the crystal ball started to shine again in all the seven colours and this time it was bright enough to make someone temporarily blind.

.....................

Melinda was in the study at the time when Reind was teaching the twins about magic. The study was on just opposite to the library it being on the west wing. The study gave a clear view of the library from the window. Melinda was reading some documents when suddenly she saw a blinding light coming from the library. She went to the library hurriedly to check whether everything was ok or not and upon reaching there she saw Allen touching the crystal ball.

It was the first time that her reaction was of anger rather than of happiness and joy on seeing this scene. But the anger was not directed towards Ray or Allen it was towards Reind.

She came and started to scold Reind “how could let them do something so dangerous? What if something had happened to them? Reind you do know that it is not allowed to test the affinity of children below the age of five how could you do this.

Reind was not in a position to argue with her but she was interrupted by the boys. “Mother it was not father's fault me and Ray were the ones who asked him to let us try that.” said Allen in very apologetic manner and guilty eyes and Ray joined in with him although quietly.

Melinda being a reasonable person went to Reind and whispered in his ear “we'll talk about it later”. It sent shivers down Reind's spine as he thought about the future.

Reind, in a really joyfully and proudly manner, told Melinda about both of their nature of magic, the miracle which was never seen before occurred to their children not having affinity just in two or three element but all the seven elements. Melinda was shocked at hearing this but asked him to keep this a secret from everyone out of this Villa and not only him but everyone in the household as it could raise some considerable troubles for them if such a news was let out.

.....................

After finding out his nature of magic, which was apparently all of them, Allen slowly started to learn higher level spells and control over magic.

He started training with earth magic. It was the safest and the simplest one to use from all of the other elements. He would once in a while catch a glimpse of Ray practicing magic with him. He always found Ray as comforting and easy to get along with even though he almost never spoke. It was not because he couldn't but more because of he didn't wanted to. Allen would enjoy the time he would spend practicing magic with him.

Allen would often make bumps in the land in order to learn the spell "Earth wall". It was an intermediate level of spell but the degree to which a person is able raise the wall depends upon his or her mana. Soon he learned all the spells in the earth book and started to learn wind magic.

He started to master the wind magic in 1 month and soon it was the time for their first birthday.

......................

(Hi guys, thank you for the support and sorry for the half-baked writing. It has been hard to write the story as my finals are right around the corner. So, I'll try my best to improve the writing style once my exams are over or not because it’s also that I'm really very lazy. Thank you for the support once again.)