Starting from scratch (part2).....

Edited by: dragonsam656

...................

Ambert's POV

Garrick and I were in his room when Allen and Ray entered the room. It seems they have resolved their fight as they were laughing and talking. "We have history classes next," said as he tidied some of his books kept on the table.

As we were getting ready for Katherine sensei's class someone knocked on the door, seeking permission to come in, "Garrick-sama, this is Lilian, may I enter the room?"

"Sure you can, Lilian-nii," Allen answered the question before Garrick could. Garrick shot him a glare before sighing in defeat looking at the grinning face of his. But, on the other hand, Ray was looking at Allen with a surprised expression. Did Allen do something out of sort? The question floated on my mind but before I could contemplate on it Lilian-san asked us to go to the training grounds rather than the study room where Katherine-sensei takes his lessons.

When we reached there, Melinda-sama was standing there and beside her on the left side was Katherine-sensei and Rodney-san while on her right was Reind-san and Arnette-san. She had a look which said that she was waiting for us and when everyone had gathered in the ground she finally broke the silence and spoke, "from today onwards I will start teaching you magic." Many people, including me, looked at her in confusion. Aren't we already learning magic from her every day?

She looked at us and as if she anticipated this reaction she said, "What I have been teaching you is the basis of the basic. Now that your bodies are adapted to using magic we will finally start some serious training in magic." She looked at the pond near the gazebo and we followed her line sight to look at it before she continued, "the basis of the foundation I taught you can help you control other elements of nature that you do have an affinity with." She pointed at Ethan as she asked him, "Ethan, can you please go and try to control the water in that pond?"

Ethan looked at her, bewildered. "But I don't have the affinity for the water element. I think Annis would be better for the demonstration." He suggested.

Melinda smiled at his suggestion before shaking her head, "It would be alright, just try it."

...................

(3rd person's POV)

Ethan walked up to the pond, a little nervous about whether he would be able to stand on Melinda's expectations. He looked at the water and took a deep breath.

"Now, follow my instructions and do as I tell you," Melinda said in a commanding voice. Ethan nodded as he got ready and concentrated on Melinda's instructions. "First, concentrate on the mana surrounding you," listening to Melinda Ethan closed his eyes to make it easier to concentrate and started to feel the mana around him. He felt like there were small particles of light and energy floating all around him. Seeing his face flabbergasted Melinda continued, "Good, now try to manipulate and combine it with water."

Ethan didn't get the instructions clearly, thus, he took a few moments thinking about what to do next. Suddenly, an idea struck him as he started to collect a little bit of mana on his hand and directed it towards the water. The more he did it the easier it got. Melinda smiled looking at his progress and then gave him another instruction, "Now, try to manipulate water." As she said Ethan swiftly executed her instructions and tried to make bubbles out of the pine water. When he opened his eyes, he was surprised to find out the garden full of huge bubbles made out of the pond water.

As he had kept his eyes closed throughout the time he was doing what Melinda instructed him to do he had thought he would have made small bubbles, thus, when he opened his eyes and saw the reality, he was more surprised than anyone else on that training spot.