Birth....

Edited by: dragonsam656

....................

Ray and Allen came running back and by the time they reached near the room where Melinda was giving birth they were panting. They saw Reind walking in circles in front of the door as the sounds of Melinda screaming came from behind the door in between intervals.

Whenever Reind would hear her scream he would stop for few moments in front of the door looking at it anxiously and as it stopped he would once again start to pace around while biting his nails. Arnette, on the other hand, was very calm and composed as he and Lilian were waiting for any kind of news from the midwife, each standing on one side of the door. The blonde one leaning while the raven hair staring anxiously out of the window and the door, alternatively. Only to hug the twins as soon as he saw them. 

Ray and Allen were out of breath as they reached where all the adults were, they were welcomed with the screams of their mother. Both the boys had worried faces and they looked at the door with worried eyes from the nook of his neck. Reind who saw their expression walked up to them. Lilian let go of them as Reind knelt down on one knee to their height and opened with a smile "Your mama is going to be ok. Did you have fun with Lucy?" He questioned in order to distract but that try seemed to have failed as both the boys kept stealing glances of the door. He sighed as he stood and when he looked up he saw two unfamiliar faces which every adult in the hallway to immediately tense.

Ray who caught this sudden change in atmosphere followed the line of sight of Reind and saw the demons standing just behind them.

"And who are you?" Reind frowned as he asked the two.

Beelzebub kneeled on his one leg with right hand on his left chest while his other hand on resting on his leg. He bowed his head and Connor followed his lead as he introduced himself and Connor to the father of their masters.

Even though Connor and Beelzebub were contractees of the twins Connor still followed Beelzebub, power structure ran deep with the demons. Except for the three male adults in the room, everyone else was left shocked at the news. Ray and Allen, on the other hand, was shocked for a totally different matter. 

As to the reason for their shock - When Ray and Allen came back from the portal the sudden news of the baby's delivery made them rush back to the villa, thus, they didn't notice Beelzebub and Conor in their human form. Allen jaw dropped when he saw Conor and Beelzebub. In place of a Cerberus, there was a gloomy looking man in his twenties. His black hair and black eyes gave him a scary but enthralling look.

Beelzebub, on the other hand, didn't change much just his horns disappeared which made him look more like a masculine Lucifer with short hair.

Their introductions were cut short by a loud scream which caught everyone's attention and made Allen and Ray look at the door with tension on their face. Allen clenched his hands tightly as he prayed for his mother and the baby's safety. Everyone in the hall looked anxiously at the door with varying emotions. Reind stood beside his sons as he waited for any piece of news from inside.

After a long stretch of complete silence when bad thoughts had started bubbling up on some people suddenly a cry was heard but this time it wasn't like before. The sound didn't resemble a grown up's but rather a newborn. Hearing the sound of a child crying the tensed broke immediately and replaced by smiles. Then sometimes later the midwife came from inside the room as she opened the door inviting Reind and the boys inside. As soon as they were given permission to go inside they ran towards the tired looking Melinda who was holding the baby wrapped in blankets as she welcomed the three boys with a tired smile. 

The three of them raced to Melinda and the baby. When they reached the bedside she  lowered her hand as she let the twins look at the baby as she introduced the baby to the three of them, "Ray, Allen meet your baby sister." She smiled as they looked at the cute newborn as it shifted her hands to find a more comfortable position to be in whiling sleeping. The baby had white hair like her and her big eyes were the same color as her father. She looked just like Melinda.

Allen and Ray's eyes sparkled as they looked at their baby sister. Reind looked at his wife and children as his eyes filled with tears as he smiled, "She looks just like you Melinda." He kissed Melinda and the baby on the forehead and hugged the four of them. 

"Mama, what is the baby's name?" Ray asked as he tugged Melinda's sleeve while looking at the baby with sparkly eyes. Melinda and Ray exchanged glances as they smiled looking at the boys' sparkly eyes. "Hmm... let's see why don't you name her Ray. You're her big brother. Would you like to name her Ray?" Melinda asked with a smile. Ray looked at her intensely as she said that before nodding his head. Allen, on the other hand, had puffy cheeks because Ray was given the chance of naming her and Allen. But was coaxed by Reind when he promised to let him name the baby.

Ray touched the baby's cheeks and thought for quite some time before speaking. "How about Alvian?" He said he touch with a finger the palm of the baby's hand and the baby tightly clenched his finger as she curled her fingers around his finger. He looked up at Melinda and Reind. Both of them were shocked hearing it, "But isn't it a boy's name?" Reind asked.

Ray nodded in an agreement which made Reind sigh, 'Both of my sons don't have any naming sense at all," he cried imaginary tears thinking that. Ray then said, "But I like this name because it means God's gift," hearing that a smile broke out on Reind's face and he patted Ray 's head. "Hm... You have put some thought into it haven't you?"

"I'm sure Alvian will like this name that her big brother gave her won't she Allen?" Melinda asked Allen who just nodded in agreement.

.........................

(I'm so sorry for not updating for so long and this chapter is so small. But this semester is shorter than the last one so we had a lot of work from the get-go and I didn't get a lot of free time last month today is the first time I got free time in a month. So, I updated the story as soon as possible. I'm so sorry again. I will try to update as often as I can but I can't make any promises because the workload is too much. Thank you for all the love you have shown this series.)