Investigating Oletha Household (part5).................

Edited by: dragonsam656

Silas' POV

"What is your name, oh young knight?" I mocked making the young knight look at me with apparent disgust in his eyes.

He pursued his lips and took some more steps backwards in an attempt to a find an opening to run away from me but, for his bad luck, I knew what exactly he was thinking. So, I was easily able to spoil his attempt.

“You are smart for someone so young. I'll give it to you, your talent is something that comes once in a hundred years but talent is not everything that makes a man. Your cockiness is something which will become your downfall, remember this.” I advised sincerely although the one it was given to was not ready to take the advice it seems. He took it as an insult instead. I shrugged my shoulders for him being so narrow-minded but I have long since understood that people won't change even if you try your hardest to change them, they will still remain the same.

“My name is Xander Keros, the second born of the Keros family the Baron of Steifland fief.” The young knight replied.
It seems he is not so conceited after all, some chances of saving huh?!

A smile lit up my face when I heard Xander tell me his name although that smile seemed to have startled the young knight more as he got into a defensive stance. He shouted a battle cry as he ran towards the demon fox and kill it with strike. I whistled while clapping as he swiftly killed a demon fox but, as I said, cockiness will be his downfall.

Slitting the throat of the demon was supposed to kill it? Who said that? Just all humans aren't alike; same can be said about the demons. This one in particular is a special one with unparalleled healing and regenerative ability.

Before the demon's body could even touch the ground the fatal wound by Xander was healed leaving him in utter shock. “Curiosity killed the cat but humans are smarter, curiosity can always save a human you know.” I commented, irritating him furthermore.

“Curiosity, huh?” He stared at me for some time and smirked. He flicked his sword to get rid of the blood staining it. He once again got into a stance and clenched his sword tight and once again placing it on Edmund's neck. So close that it started to bleed a little. As blood rolled down Edmund's neck his face paled so much it looked like it wasn't a drop of blood rolling down but rather all of the blood in his body was taken out. A rather funny face I would say with tears apparent in his eyes.

But I was not able to enjoy this funny show because Edmund started to scream like a damsel in distress when a little more blood dripped down from his neck.

I let out a heavy sigh and signaled all the demons to attack Xander as I lifted my right hand up.

Xander bit his lower lip a little as he tightened his grip on the sword. “Even if I die today, I will fulfill my mission given to me by his majesty. I may be a cocky brat but I'm a talented genius nonetheless.  Don't you dare look down on me.” He declared with his eyes shining with a new found determination. As he said that he cut Edmund's neck killing him instantly.

..............................

I walked up to Edmund and extended a hand towards him to help him stand back up with a fake smile plastered on my face. “Are you ok my lord?!”
He looked at me with a shocked expression which after five seconds turned to a poker face. “What do you think? Why didn't you come to help me when I cut a little bit of blood? But never mind that what happened just now? Why did he suddenly stop moving when you raised your hand?”

“One of my special ability sir.” I replied to his query.

“I see. Now kill him.” Edmund ordered me. I looked back at him a little surprised. “Didn't you hear me? Kill him this instant.”

“Yes, my lord.” I answered. I walked up Xander and take the sword out from his hand as I stabbed the young knight's heart. The whole while Edmund looking at me, enjoying the show.

“You are better than I expected.” I raised the sword beheading the paralyzed young man. “Good, now let's go back home. I'm tired from all the commotion today.” Edmund said, satisfied with my work as he turned around and started to walk out of the forest. I sighed does he even know the way out? He started walking wherever he liked.

.......................

“Haah, he praised him. This guy really is special isn't he?” Rylan scratched the back of his head and walked up to Xander who was standing frozen like a statue.

‘Now if only you work on the points he said are your weakness you may just become the most powerful imperial knight ever. But I have to say he sure is crazy powerful making two people see totally different illusions at the same time. Just how much does Lilian have to suffer when he assimilates with someone this strong?’ He thought as he placed his hand on Xander's face covering his eyes and forehead.

He started to chant a spell in his mind and a black aura started to accumulate in his hand. Xander finally able to move his body grasped for air as he hungrily took in deep breaths. He fell down on his knees as he looked up only to find the general of imperial knights. “Yo, so how was the illusion?” Rylan said as he extended his hand for the young man and supported him to stand-up on his own.

“Rookie, I have a question for you.” Rylan said, the smile disappearing from his face and being replaced by a serious one. Xander seemingly understanding seriousness of the situation gave him his full attention.

“Who does your loyalty lie with?” The seemingly normal question had a really deep meaning to it. Xander understanding the general wasn't talking about the king but rather the side for succession of the throne.