Realisations...

Edited by: dragonsam656

...............

"Allen, straighten your grip a little more." Arnette walked up to Allen as he helped him adjust his grip and tighten his hold on the sword. "Ahahahaha... Sorry, Arnette, it's just that it's a little bit hard I was trying a new spell." He smiled as he looked at Arnette with a grin.

Looking at Allen and Arnette from a distance Ray sighed at the childish act of his twin. "Allen, come here for a second," Ray dragged Allen away to someplace a little bit far away. He crossed his hands over his chest as he looked at Allen with a complicated face and a little bit of annoyance, "I get it that you feel this world is too fantasy like but it is because of that fact we are training, right? So, we cannot have you going on trying to be an anime character."

Allen pouted as he looked away in anger, "I'm doing my best here too. So, what's wrong with me having a little bit fun." He starts to walk away.

"Nobody is stopping you from having fun but you can try to be a little bit more serious about this." Ray stops Allen by clutching his shoulders in a tight grip. "You are weak Allen. I am weak. In the world, we are now even if we have powers we are still not strong enough."

"I'm more than strong enough for kids my age," he said as he freed himself from Ray's grip which was tightening every second. "That's a bold statement you are making. You are still not stronger than me." Ray said as he catches hold of Allen's right hand and twisted it behind his back to subdue him and forced him to kneel on his knee.

Allen helped balance himself by putting his other hand on the ground. Then he jumped up and wrapped his leg around Ray's face and freed himself once again from his hold.

Meanwhile, as they were busy fighting they missed the shadow which was watching them from the top of the tree.

.................

Melinda was inside, looking over some documents which were addressed to her from the ministry of magic. She put the papers down and let out a deep sigh, full of frustration. She massaged her temples and looked outside, only to find none of the Kelis boys on the training ground.

She stood up from her place and started to walk, just as she was about to open the door Reind opened it first. Surprised Melinda was taken aback, she looked at Reind who had a look which shouted, screamed, and yelled hesitation and complication. Lilian who was following Reind from behind too had the same expression and was refusing to meet Melinda's eyes.

"What happened? Why are both of you so riled up?" she asked. Lilian and Reind both diverted their eyes and looked somewhere else and refused to answer any of her questions. Melinda's suspicion was now more certain than it ever was.

"Lilian!" Melinda called out in a loud voice causing Lilian to tense up as he reluctantly looked up and faced her. On the other hand, Reind who was standing beside him was growing more paler as time passed. Melinda didn't miss any of this and then presented some questions to Lilian, "Lilian, were you with Reind this whole time?"

Lilian stole a glance of Reind who was begging him to keep his mouth shut and don't let her in on their secret. 'Please Lilian, keep quiet or the consequences would be very dire.' He advised Lilian through his eyes. Lilian gulped a bit of his saliva down and answered, "Yes." With a solemn face, he knew there was no lying to her and if he did lie to and it gets caught there was no saving him. "I see, and where were you this whole time?" She asked as her eyes narrowed in on him, making him feel very uncomfortable and suffocated.

"I was in the garden, near the pond where master Reind was left to complete all his paperwork which was yet to be done." Lilian felt someone's intense gaze falling on him. He looked away from the owner of that gaze as felt guilty for selling out Reind. 'Sorry, Reind-sama but in front of Melinda-sama I'm powerless.'