Stronger.............

Edited by: dragonsam656

.........................

The chilly wind blew, making River shiver. He woke up because of the unfamiliar feeling he got from the sudden change of the environment. When he woke up he felt Allen trembling underneath the blankets while he was whispering something. On getting closer to him he was finally able to hear what Allen was saying.

"I... I didn't mean to kill him. I really didn't." Allen was sobbing while apologizing in a really low voice. The room was dark with only a little bit of moonlight coming from the windows which enabled River to see Allen's face.

The chubby baby face had pinkish blush on and his eyes too were swollen due to crying. The sentence he spoke clearly showed how guilty he felt about taking a life. River looked at Allen's face with guilt ‘cause he realizes the fact that whatever Allen did was for his sake, to keep him alive. And his regret about killing the bandit for saving him did not bother him but gave him sympathy for the young kid. Maybe it was because he got to know how peace loving Allen was or maybe it was because he did not know how the stress that comes with killing a person was overwhelming for a person, much less a kid but seeing Allen's constant state of terror about taking a life made it hard for him to hate Allen for saying such things.

As River watched the young boy tremble from fear, he was filled up with the desire to protect him. He coiled his hands around the boy, embracing him and pulling him closer. He looked at Allen's face once more with a determined look as he spoke in a low voice almost as a whisper to Allen. "Allen, I promise you that I will protect you from any danger in the future. This is my way of repaying you for saving my life." He rested his chin on top of Allen's head as he stroked his hair to calm him down. When Allen was finally showing some signs of calming down River finally heaved a sigh of relief.

River finally slept again when he saw Allen relaxed as he clutched on River's clothes while breathing peacefully.

.........................

The morning arrived with sunrays penetrating into the room from gaps between the curtains of the window. Annis frowned as sunrays fell on her. She groaned as she woke up and sat, stretching. Once she was finally sitting up straight yawning she noticed one by one everyone was starting to awake up.

The kids waking up one by one had finally started to make a ruckus. Edward groaned waking up from being woken up by being jumped upon by one of the kids. "I'm waking up. Don't jump on me." Edward grabbed the young boy's clothes from behind and got him off his back.

Each and every one was stirring awake but Allen and Ray. There was still no sign of them waking up. Ethan and River went over to try and wake them up but when they uncovered the quilt they found Allen and Ray breathing heavily and their face was red as they coughed in between intervals. Ethan touched Ray's forehead and found that he was burning and so was Allen. Hyde, when he got to know that, immediately ran outside to call someone for help.

He was running along the hallway when he spotted an old maid who was walking with a bunch of towels in her hand. He called out to her and got her attention and explained the whole thing to her. The maid's face paled as she heard him. She told him go back as she raced back to where the other workers were.

.....................

Elisa entered the room and found Lilian and Stella having an argument. "Lilian, Stella, Master Ray and Master Allen are running a high fever." Both of them rushed to the room where the children were as soon as they heard the news.

The door banged open and everyone inside the room looked towards the origins of the sudden sound. Annis and Edward were taking care of Allen and Ray and when Stella and Lilian arrived they told them about everything that they knew about their condition. Lilian took over from them in a calm manner and picked Allen up. He asked Edgar to help carry Ray to their room to which Layne just replied by slightly nodding. Meanwhile, Stella thanked the kids for the help by taking care of them.

........................

Watching the composure of the two adults in the situation where all of them panicked made all the older kids realize that they were still not mature enough. All of them felt a tug in their heart. They had to admit even if they hate adults they have to take their help in order to survive in this world, especially now that they have to take care of these young ones too.

"Hyde, we aren't very strong, are we?" Layne asked as he looked at Stella and Lilian who controlled the situation so easily.

"Yea, we are weak, very weak. That's why we have to become strong. To protect them. To keep our promise to her we have to become strong, stronger than those people, those adults who held us captive. Stronger to the point where we will never have to face a situation like that or like this never again." Hyde answered. Layne nodded his head agreement. "We finally have a chance to and power to protect. Let's become strong and protect everything we hold dear." Annis chimed in from behind them. Both the boys' head perked as they heard her and looked behind them and found all their friends looking at them with a smile and determination in their eyes.

Hyde felt something tightening his chest as he looked at them. His eyes widened and shone in a new light which was filled with determination and hope.

He felt a rush of excitement as though a door to a whole new world opened up in front of him. He felt a strong wind blew through him. A smile bloomed on his face as he looked at his family. This place, these people, Ethan, River, Layne, Annis, Edgar, Hyde, Edward, the kids, everyone in the Tellestia family, the promise they made to Erika, Allen, Ray, Reind, Melinda, Lilian, Stella, Arnette, old man Louis and every in the Kelis household who accepted them, acknowledged them and saved them, he has so many things to protect now. He felt a rush of happiness and excitement inside of him as he clutched his hand into a fist to hold all his emotion in.

He just nodded his head with a determined smile.

.............................

Stella took Ray from Edgar as she and Lilian hurriedly scurried off to their room.

After about nearly an hour, Stella came back to inform the kids about the situation. All of them were looking at her with anxious looks. Seeing this she just smiled.

"Allen-sama and Ray-sama are fine. They just need to rest a little bit. The fever will go down in a day or two." She told them. Hearing that everyone sighed in relief.

But before they could relax the head butler, Louis, came to the room, "Everyone, Melinda-sama and Reind-sama has summoned you all. Please get ready."

..........................

[Near Alfia forest, dumping ground of beheaded prisoners' bodies]

"You shouldn't have underestimated the Oletha Household, Carlos Redner. You think we wouldn't have found that you were spying on us under someone's order." Said the head of Oletha.

"Well, what else can you think when you need the ideas of a woman who can think about getting laid to make money?" Answered Silas as he looked at him with contempt in his eyes.

The man glared back at him as his face reddened due to anger. "Behead him and be careful he can use illusionary magic." He ordered. "Yes, sir." A soldier answered.

The soldier walked up to Silas while two other soldier restrained him and forced him to kneel down on the ground. The soldier looked at him with hatred and placed his sword on his head before striking to severe his head from his shoulders. After checking carefully that it wasn't an illusion they threw the body on the ground where many dead bodies with severed heads were disposed. The soldiers walked back to the carriage where their master was waiting for them.

........................

(Thank you so much guys the 50k+ views and 2k+ votes. Thank you for all the support you guys have shown to this story. It feels so nice to read all the comments. I love you guys so much.

Also I'll won't be updating the story until January due to exams but I'll try to update it atleast one more time before 13 december, 2018. Once again thank so much guys for all the love you have shown this story.)