The Five Year Ceremony........

It has been six days since the Kelis Family arrived at royal capital and today is the day for the five year ceremony. The maids were busy dressing up Ray and Allen for the ceremony. Reind too was busy getting dressed up for the event but on the other hand Melinda was sitting on her bed as she furrowed her brow in anger, sadness and irrigation. The reason for her mood being foul was that she was not going to attend the ceremony due to her pregnancy. She was already six months pregnant she was only allowed to do some light work and bed rest was essential. Thus, even being allowed to travel to royal capital was a big thing.

"Melinda!! How do I look?" Reind entered the room. He glanced at Melinda and found her glaring at him. After that he didn't speak another word and the atmosphere of the room fell into an awkward silence.

Suddenly the door of the room bursted open and Ray and Allen came running in. They immediately went to Melinda and asked together, "Mama, how do I look?" Hearing that Melinda smiled and answered, " You look really cute."

Both the boys furrowed their brow on hearing this. "Mama, I'm a boy. I'm not cute." Said Ray in monotone.

Seeing the boys' faces her expression changed into a sad one. The boys saw her and felt sympathy for her. They knew how much she wanted to attend the ceremony but the given the circumstances she couldn't. Ray climbed the bed as he sat beside her. "I'll tell you everything after I comeback. Mama, don't be sad baby will be effected too." He caressed her face face with his tiny hands.

Melinda who felt the small warm hand caressing against her face changed her expression from sad to mellow eyes and gentle smile. Ah, Ray and Allen have grown up alot in such a short while. She thought inwardly and patted the boy's headed and gave him a hug.

Seeing the mother and son pair. Reind and Allen couldn't help but join in on the hug.

.........................

As they arrived at the the entrance of the Central church the boys were suprised by how many people had gathered there. Reind held their hand firmly to make sure they don't run around and get lost. As they stepped out of the carriage they attracted the gaze of many people. For the first time in their life Allen felt overwhelmed. He tightly clenched Reind's sleeves and walked closer to him.

Seeing the the frightened boy he gave him a gentle smile. After they reached near the fountain some priest asked Reind stop there and lead him to where the ceremony was to be held.

He patted ways from Ray and Allen who went to garden area until the start of the ceremony. Only children who were particpating in the ceremony were allowed to go to the garden and adults were asked to go the ceremony hall.

As they reached the garden they spotted Garrick standing in a corner and yelled "Garrick" to get his attention. The boy who heard someone calling him saw the boys and his face started to turn pale. He wanted to run away but there was no place to run. Then when he saw the boys running towards him, he set all his thoughts aside turned backwards and started to mumbling some kind of chant.

Allen tapped on Garrick's shoulder the turned around although reluctant. He cried tears of blood in his hurt cursing his bad luck but his expression calm on the surface.

"Allen, Ray!!!" Someone yelled from the other side of the crowd waving at the boys. As the looked they saw Ivy and Paige they immediately walked towards them. Allen grabbed Garrick's hand and pulled him with them. "Garrick, come with us you will be bored alone. So it's better to be with friends." Said Allen as he slowly but steadily walked faster.

No, it's better to be alone. I don't think I can handle being beside you for long. Please somebody help. He cried in his but he could not say it out loud.