The battle at the hideout (part 2)............

Edited by: dragonsam656

......................

Lilian and Ethan were trying to calm the children down who were crying, meanwhile Ray and Allen were getting scolded by Arnette for sneaking out and coming to the hideout despite knowing the dangers involved. 

Unbeknownst to them, the bandits had surrounded them thinking of this moment when they are distracted to be the best to ambush them. 

Bandit A: "Leader, are you sure that this will work out?"

Leader of the bandits: "Yea, I'm sure it will. If it doesn't, we can just take those two white haired kids hostage, even if it’s just to make sure we can escape safely. But I don't think it will come to that, we have outnumbered them. Also, those kids seem to have mana in abundance."

Bandit B: "Leader is right, we can just take those kids hostage and if they try anything funny we can…" The eyes of the bandit glinted in delight as he licked his lips thinking of all of his previous victims. An animalistic smile came upon his face as he remembered all the others.

The bandits got ready to attack as their leader raised his hand a little and signaled them to attack. They jumped and ran out of the bushes altogether. Arnette pulled Allen and Ray behind in a protective stance as he tightened his grip on the sword and got ready to kill the bandits. On the other hand, Lilian got into offensive stance as he got to ready to fight whoever tried to approach the kids. His eyes were shining in a chilling glint of blood thirst which made all the bandits who were near him fear for their life under the pressure of such pure and chilling thirst for blood like that of a predator eyeing his prey.

.......................

 One of the bandits swung his sword towards Reind who swiftly dodged by stepping sideway and turning his body a little. His pupils contracted as he took his sword out of the scabbard and slashed the bandit without any problem, very swiftly. Lilian, on the other hand, was protecting the kids as he fought against the bandits. Ray who was watching Lilian from far away ran towards him as he chanted a protection spell creating a spherical barrier of light.

Lilian, who was surprised by the sudden invocation of the spell, looked back to see that all the kids are safe and all the magic attacks by the bandits were either dispelled by the barrier or the mana from the attack was consumed by the Barrier. Ray came running to Lilian. "Lilian, are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere?" Ray asked with a worried face. Lilian smiled as he replied to him. "I'm perfectly fine Ray-sama but please you take shelter inside the barrier." Ray just nodded in reply as he stepped inside of the barrier. (A/N: worried expression is from Lilian's point of view, for everyone else his face is still stoic. Lilian got used to reading Ray's expression on his forever stoic face.)

As for Arnette, he was busy fighting the bandits as well as protecting Allen from potential harm. When he and Allen were distracted by the bandits Ray had taken off to where Lilian was and when Allen realized Ray wasn't there with him he got worried. He wanted to go find Ray when Arnette intercepted him and stopped him from moving or going anywhere. 

"Arnette, Ray isn't here; let me go to search for him. Please." Allen pleaded as he got worried about his brother.

"Oi, oi, will you think about your own situation first. Being surrounded by so many enemies and you are still thinking about to going to search for him?" Arnette said in an irritated voice. He was more worried about Allen because, in comparison to Ray, Ray is far more level headed and he can take care of himself; as for Allen, no one can say when he will get himself into trouble. It almost seemed as if Allen was best friends with troubles, a friend who sure as hell no parents wants their child to be friends with.