Investigating Oletha Household (part3)..............

Edited by: dragonsam656

(Hey guys!! I'm back it feels like it's been so long damn. Yeah so sorry for the delay it was so chaotic and hectic changing the states. So many clothes and so many things. But with everything done and over with I have successfully shifted in the housing facilities. So as I promised here is the new chapter.)

Silas' POV

It was a normal day like all the others in the Oletha Household. My day began with doing some small chores after which Edmund Oletha has been more trusting towards me. He would often take me to some of his business partner’s place although I would stand outside of the room but whatever, like I need to be in that room to hear what they are saying. I can listen to them from anywhere in this whole house.
After checking that nobody is paying any attention to me I closed my eyes as I started to focus all my attention on the sounds of them talking.

.................................

(Inside the room)

Edmund: Everything seems to be back on track even though the king may have started to suspect us. So, Marcus, when are you supplying us with the equipment?

Marcus: How many times have I told you not to disclose my name in public.
Edmund: But we are not in public now are we or are you saying that the security of your house is so weak that it's not any better than a place full of people?

Marcus: Hehe..... Its seems you finally have got the guts to answer back. 
Edmund: You thought I was scared of you?

Marcus: Haah.....now let's proceed with our main topic. Have you got the stones?
Edmund: Yea, although it was a little tough with that king on my trails but we have successfully harvested a huge amount of mana.

Marcus: Have you made sure he hasn't sent any spies to your house?
Edmund: I have and there doesn't seem to be any spies but......there is this new butler in our house who seems to be currying favour with my wife a lot. She being the main person behind this whole thing it's really suspicious.

Marcus: And that's why you brought him here with you?

Edmund: I brought here with me to dispose of him. Don't take me for A stupid person I know what I'm doing very well.

Marcus: But so does your wife. What if he survives?

Edmund: You know very well what will happen if he survives. Now let's go back to the main topic. We always go off topic like this because of your meddling.

Marcus: Think twice before you speak. Just because I'm talking with a smile doesn't mean I won't cut your tongue.

...........................

Shit he is already suspicious of me. What should I do? ..........Ah I got it. Let's just pray that it works out.

.............................

After sometime both men came out of the room looking very solemn. No one would be able to tell that they were talking about something so disgusting inside the room. I can only imagine what expression I would have given three seconds before.

I bowed to them in respect as they started to walk towards the garden. Quietly following them we reached in front of a beautifully maintained garden. Flowers blooming on the wall giving a heavenly feel to the garden.

As we walked a little further, they reached the entrance of the maze where they talked for some time as I and the other butlers and maids stood some distance away from the two grown men.

After talking for a while Edmund Oletha gave a faint smile and started to walk towards the carriage in long strides. Bypassing me, he didn't bother to give out orders; he waved his hands in gesture asking me to follow him.

I bowed my head to show some respect to the man named Marcus Phillippe as I followed Edmund back to the carriage.

Our ride back was a rather quiet one. Edmund staring at me with an expressionless face has been irritating me for some time now. But I can sense a strange aura coming from him. I have a feeling that he is on to something. Should I take some kind of action or will it serve as a proof of my guilt? Damn I really want to get out of this god forsaken place. 

As I was thinking that the carriage suddenly started speeding and all the guards outside started racing in front of it in a formation. The conclusion isn't that hard to draw, yes it is the so called cliché bandits attack. 

The sound of swords clashing filled the whole carriage but there was no change of expression on Edmund's face. I guess being a noble he has been through this kind of situation multiple times. The voices of people dying outside then slowly grew distant as the carriage hurried off away from the fighting scene. 

"Say, how can you be so calm? Have you been in such situation before?" Edmund asked me as he looked towards the curtains on the carriage window but glancing at me from time to time.

I straightened my posture a bit as I sat with my back straight and looked at him, "Growing up I have been in many situation where I have seen people die because of bandits. So it’s not a new or scary thing for me." As I replied a faint smirk emerged on Edmund's face.

After that for some time silence overtook the carriage and the atmosphere of it became tensed once again. But it didn't take long enough to get disrupted again as the yelling and screaming of battle cries started to come from not that far away. The carriage once again speeded up and hurried up to make some distance. As we took support from some nearby handles to regain our stability suddenly the carriage started tilting towards the side causing us to lose our balance. 

I immediately covered Edmund to protect him from any potential danger as I kicked open the carriage door and jumped out of it with Edmund. We safely landed near a tree but fortunately we didn't hit it and stopped moments before coming in contact with it.

..............................

(First of all I would like to start by saying "I'm so sorry."  I will not make any excuses but shifting away from my home has not been the best experience. I have been going through a lot of mood swings and had no motivation at all to write for some time as well as I had a writer's block as well. It was the first time for me to go through a writer's block and didn't really know how to overcome it by myself but luckily for this I had the support of my editor-san, so thank you so much for being there for me (E/N: you’re welcome). Also I'm sorry once again for not keeping my promise but I will try my best to keep it from now on but I may still upload some chapters with huge gap in dates because well my college is really not holding back on give me work. Well, I guess now I know why South Indians are better at studying than us North Indians it’s damn hard and the college is merciless giving us work from the first week.
So because I know you may be getting tired of all my whining, I'll stop here and sorry Sam for updating a chapter before sending it to you for editing. I know I'm a difficult person to handle. Once again I'm so sorry for the delay.
Thank you for all the support and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.)