Birthday (part2)........

Edited by: dragonsam656

.......................

Arnette's POV

My name is Arnette Von Enstar; I was supposed to succeed the Enstar House after my father, Earl Burleigh Von Enstar. But I refused to succeed as the family head and I'm now working under Duke of Rinsburg, Reind Von Kelis, as his close subordinate and right hand man.

Since Reind's twins were born my workload has been increasing significantly day after day. He has been neglecting his work way too much to play with them and because of that he even earned the wrath of his wife.

He is always on about how beautiful, cute and smart his sons are all day long which is making the atmosphere in the office unbearable sometimes. I can sympathize with him wanting to spend more time with the boys but his non-stop chanting about them is going out of hands for some time now.

But since last week he has been working hard and to his full capacity to complete the work as soon as possible. The reason for this is that the birthday of the twins is approaching. I'm sure he plans to take a break on that day to spend time with them on their first birthday.

But seeing him work so seriously for the first time is quite surprising even to others.

When I first met this man I was at loss of words, the man I admired, who was known as the strongest in the whole kingdom of Felicia, was not what I imagined him to be at all. I imagined he would have a huge build as a mountain and a serious nature as he was not only renowned here but in other kingdoms too. But, on the contrary, what I found was a man with a slender build with a little muscle similar to mine and a carefree attitude. Not to mention if one were to compare them (Melisa and Reind) they would find Melinda as a more responsible and smarter one from the two. To this day I'm curious how he got such an elegant and smart woman as his wife.

But I'm right now serving this man because I know how brave and kind hearted he is. If it weren't for him I definitely would not have known what trust is.

..................

As usual the documents which piled up on the desk were as huge as a mountain. One would just get dejected at seeing this huge a pile but Reind was doing his work like an obsessed man. After a few hours when he took a break, he suggested that we go out and take a look at the village nearby to assess the place.

I willfully accepted the idea as it does not do him any good to sit behind the desk all day, in addition to that, all the work which needed his authority were already completed. The documents which were left were the ones that which could be taken care of by me.

While we were on our way to inspect the village the look on Reind's face told that how happy he was to finally be out of the room and away from the mountain of documents.

"Ah......how much I would like to have Ray and Allen in that office."

"Don't ask for the impossible. If we were to let you bring them there then I don't think any of the work would ever be completed. Because of your selfish actions my workload is just increasing."

"You don't have to say it in such a mean way."

"Huh??!......mean?! I'm just stating the facts here."

"......"

"Oh, I nearly forgot, Arnette, are you free on the evening the day after tomorrow?"

"Yes, but why are you asking me that?"

"Why do you think I'm asking you that? I'm inviting you to Ray's & Allen's birthday celebration"

"Oh....but is it really ok for me to come there?"