Lilian (part 4)...............

Edited by: dragonsam656

......................

Lilian Warrick's POV

The man who came to our rescue was the lunatic Arnette.

"But weren't there three of you?" Inquired the boss of the group.

"Ah, those two are tending to the kids and Reind is taking care of the guys downstairs."

"Don't you dare think that we are afraid of you, we are stronger as compared to those guys and if you try anything funny we'll slit that guy's throat"

"Who?!"

“What do you mean by who.” said the boss of the group and as he looked backwards.

He was surprised when he saw me free from those ropes.

"Hey, can I fight him!?"

"You can but don't kill him, just subdue them and we will question them afterwards."

"Ok."

As I got the permission I stole the dagger from the guy near me had and stabbed both his leg with it rendering him useless. This caused the other man to alert. As he tried to run out of the window, he realized that the lunatic was already standing there at the window and a dagger which was touching the skin of his neck ready to slit it.

“Surrender or I'll kill you right here, right now” Said Arnette with an ice cold smile in his face.

With that all the blood of the man drained in an instant he surrendered.
By the time the soldiers came it was already dawn. Melinda healed the people who were injured due to the explosion and the hostages who were beaten.

............................

As the sun grew brighter it was the time for Reind and everyone to leave. They promised to come meet the kids at the end of the week.

The reconstruction of the institute was already underway from the next day onwards. And as we were helping with the reconstruction the time flew by really fast and it was already the end of the week.

Reind had kept his promise and came to meet everyone in the institute. It seems everyone has opened up to him, even those who were like me and me too.

He went to meet the director of the institute first when he arrived here. Also it seems the lunatic isn't here with him today. 'I don't have to worry today.' I thought to myself as I took a deep breath and leaned backwards taking support of a tree, closed my eyes and relaxed.

But then a thought occurred to me during that time. 'Who is Reind?'
As I was thinking that, someone over shadowed me and blocked the sun. When I opened my eyes it was Reind. He started to talk to me about various things, but the only thing in my mind the whole time was that question and when I could no longer hold it I blurted it all out suddenly.

The cheerful expression Reind had till then suddenly disappeared and a serious one took over it.

Suddenly Reind spoke up "I'm the Duke of Rinsburg Reind Von Kelis."
It came to as a surprise till now I only thought of him as soldier of higher rank like a captain or something, but for him to be a Duke really came as a shock to me. If anyone told me that that lunatic was the Duke I still could have accepted it readily.

"Lilian.......I want to have an assassin of my own." He said in a really serious tone." And I want you to be an assassin and spy for me. I know what I'm asking of you is really selfish and you would like to lead a normal life but you are the most capable person for this job by far from anybody here."

"Ok."

"Huh!?"

"I mean all I have ever done is killing people, if you want me to kill people or collect information, I have no reason to refuse. You and Arnette saved me from becoming a mindless puppet that just killed people mercilessly. I have killed a lot of innocent people till now and I don't know how to repent for that, but I have a feeling that If I follow you, maybe someday, I'll find a way to repent for all my sins."

I got on my knees and started to take an oath.

"From today onwards I, Lilian Warrick, shall be your arms and your legs, your sword and your shield. I shall follow you no matter where you go. I swear my unwavering loyalty to you and your house… my Liege."

"Thank you, Lilian." Said Reind with a melancholic smile on his face.

After that I spent months to train to become a butler and went undercover in various noblemen’s house to give out information to Reind. Sometimes I would participate in the raids of the headquarters of criminal syndicate or slave traders.

......................

One day I got a letter from Reind requesting me to come to his office. When I arrived there he asked me to leave the undercover work and become the butler to his sons Ray and Allen.

When I first saw them they looked something unreal. Their beauty was so surreal that I couldn't believe it. Ray-sama seemed to have inherited his mother's nature, he would always be quiet but he is caring and kind hearted. On the other hand Allen-sama is the cheerful one, always smiling and talking to people and he is quite perceptive too.

Being around them always lightened the mood of everyone. No wonder they are so loved.

Now, I serve the Kelis house as there butler and caretaker of Ray-sama and Allen-sama.