The battle at the Oletha mansion (part 3).....

(Team Silas and Rodney)

"I told them that you cannot be trusted. Looks like I stand corrected, only if that woman would get off her high horses. Well, whatever now none that matters you will die here today." Edward unsheathed his sword as he charged towards Silas. As they closed their distance Edward swung his sword trying to slash him. Silas backstepped dodging his attack. "Poison mist illusion," he casted the spell to counter Edward's attack.

Purple colour mist started to surround Edward. He jumped backwards to get away from the mist and casted a spell, "Thousand wind spears." Wind condensed around him in the shape of spears and were aimed at Silas. As Silas was dodging the spears made of wind the mist was surrounding them cleared up. "Seems like I'm a bad match for you!"

The clenched jaws of Silas suddenly turned into a smirk as he continued dodging. Noticing the change in his expression Edward felt that something was amiss. Suddenly, he detected mana from his right side but before he could do anything to avoid the attacker he was already very close to him. "Silas-san isn't the only person you are up against." Rodney attacked Edward from his blindside he was about to cut him but suddenly a wall of ice rose up from nowhere and got in between of them protecting the young master of Oletha from harm's way. "Young master, are you alright?!" A young man of 25 years of age kneeled on one of his knees and putting his one right hand on his left chest, bowing his head to show his respect to him. "Yes, I'm alright." He gave a short and curt reply. Seeing the ice wall Rodney Pearson immediately retracted to Silas' place and stood right next to him.

Edward Oletha turned his head towards the place where his enemies were standing. Silas and Rodney were standing at the end of the staira in all their glory looking at him with a fierce look in their eyes which said that they are ready to fight the two of them. His face which previously had no emotions at all was now distorted because of the feeling of extreme hatred and annoyance he felt due to the presence of the two people standing in front of him. The first young master of the Oletha household and his loyal attendant got ready to fight the two trepassers.

........................

(Team Rylan and Aldwin)

Aldwin swung his sword slashing one of guards down with no efforts at all. "Sheesh, they are not strong at all! I thought the way they said this mission is very important that we will be able to fight strong people but they are so weak. My, my, Awylin we wasted our time by coming here," Aldwin said as he followed Rylan to the place where the head and the lady of the Oletha household were.

"We both encountered anyone dangerous is a good thing." He replied to Aldwin while continuing to walk to their destination. When they were about to reach the end of the hall the door at the end of the hall way suddenly bursted open with blinding light coming from inside of it. Aldwin and Rylan covered their eyes with their hands as they got ready to fight.

"What the hell! They have a light magician? That wasn't in the reports." Aldwin tightened the grip on his sword ready for any attacks.

The floor below them started to moving like a wave and then it was followed by attack of water and arrows. Rylan balanced himself and stepped forward casted a protection spell which erected a barrier in the shape of semi sphere of soil and tree trunk and branches. "Hey kid, get ready to attack. Now listen carefully I'm gonna make some openings in this barrier for a few seconds and I want to use that opening and attack them." He explained to Aldwin who nodded in understanding. "Ready, now!" Aldwin created some balls made purely of lightning towards the source of the blinding light.

The lightening shot straight towards the room with no particular target. The first set of shots followed consecutive barrage of shots. The people inside the room made a shield in order to protect themselves from the attack while barrage of attack continued from the enemy's side. 

"You have the audacity to think that puny people such as yourselves can even hurt me!" She exclaimed in anger as casted a more powerful shield. "You two go and attack them from the sideways," she ordered the two women standing with her. They left the room from different directions taking doors to different rooms. As they reached the place where the two intruders were attacking from both the women attacked them for both sides.

"Earthly Retribution: Tree of Death"

"Sorrowful soul's revenge"

A small tree grew where the red hair woman was standing, growing into a huge one within the span of a few seconds the roots of tree attacked the barrier made of the tree roots. On the other side of the barrier a crazed demon was attacking it.

The barrier erected by Rylan was destroyed by combination of earth and dark magic of the two. A cloud of dust raised as the attack of lightning halted.

Seeing that the attacks have stopped Lady Oletha smirked knowing that she has won. She started to walk towards the hallway when metallic bars appeared in a circle, reaching till the ceiling of the room confining her. When she tried to touch the metal bars she got shocked by the electricity coursing through the metal. The woman took a few steps back and then used magic her wind magic to send slashes in order to destroy it. But it was useless and the metal bars were still there in all its glory.

"Why!? Why is it still here?! Why can't I destroy it?" Lady Oletha raised her voice in irritation as her eyes turned red in anger.

"That's because it's my magic even if it is those two women's dark and earth magic I don't think that they can even put a scratch on it. The only person to ever destroy it was Melinda, not even Reind has been able to put a scratch on it. And you a woman hasn't even reached the level 10 of magic expect it to destroy? Don't make me laugh." Rylan said as he jumped up to the second floor. Landing on his knee he stood up, fixing his clothes he took small steps towards Lady Oletha. "I'm very sorry about making a hole on the floor Madam Oletha, but I don't thin my apology would amount to much anyway as you won't or anyone related this household would be alive by the dawn."

Lady Oletha looked behind him waiting for the two women to come help her but her much anticipated help never came as  Aldwin walked in the room his face covered in blood.

"Ho... How did you... Where are Elisa and Jaden?!" Oletha asked with an expression of horror.

"Didn't Rylan-san tell you right now that by dawn the whole Oletha house hold would be wiped out." He answered with grave tone making him almost look like the god of death himself.

'But seriously who would have thought that he would use my magic to reinforce his metal bars, and also throwing me out of the barrier just ambush those women. This guy no wonder he is only second to master, such control over magic and decisiveness doesn't come easily, I wonder how many battles he has been a part of.' Aldwin thought in his heart as looked at him with the expression of admiration and confusion.

........................

(Damnit it's taking too long to write a chapter. I wanted it to be longer than normal but due to reasons and college I don't have a lot of time write so yea. But I hope you like these fights.

Also, I have changed somethings such as age of Brishen and Allard in earlier chapters because of reasons and I realised I didn't make all the necessary changes until after someone commented it, so I'm very sorry about and thank you so much pointing it out.

I seriously wanna start Ray and Allen's school days because that's where all the fun starts but it won't be long for that too.

Next time taking the stage will be team Reind and Alywin, and the other two teams.

Thank you for all your support.)