The battle at the hideout...........

Edited by: dragonsam656

.....................

Reind and company made their way to
the place Ethan told them about but not before letting him take some rest and eat something. Ethan during that time got to know more about Allen and Ray, though Allen refused to set foot on the ground. Ray only sighed at the antics of his younger brother and scolded both Allen and Reind for letting him do whatever he wants and how that is spoiling Allen.

Watching Ray lecture Reind and Allen, and looking at both of their expression Ethan couldn't help but laugh. "Hoo... so you can laugh," Arnette said startling the boy. "Oi, are there more kids like you there?" 

Ethan just nodded his head in response as he looked at the trio who were busy with themselves with a faint smile and with a look of nostalgia as tears started to stream down from his face. "My family used to be like them too, but after the outbreak everything changed. My mom and sister died because of the epidemic and my dad died in the fire, I was left all alone to fend for myself." 

"But after the village was burned down in order to stop the epidemic from spreading was the time when my life became a living hell. Some people took to us someplace, I thought that they were going to sell us to slavery but I couldn't have been more wrong. They took us to this cave where there were some weird machines and there they extracted mana from us. I have seen so many kids die, so many close friends died in front of eyes and at one point my tears stopped. And it was all because of the greed of you nobles that we have suffered. I'm never gonna forgive you guys ever." 

"You suffered a lot haven't you?" Ray said as he patted Ethan's shoulder.

"Yeah, I promise you that we will get you guy’s justice." Added Allen as he looked at Ethan with warm eyes. "We will save all the kids and punish those who did those deeds." 

"Ethan, what is your full name?" Allen asked as he sat near Ethan. "I don't have one."

"Huh? Can that even be possible?" Allen said surprised by Ethan's words.

"Reind-sama, Lilian has contacted me; he has succeeded with the escaped of the captured children from their hideout. It's a perfect time to do a raid as they are in complete chaos." One of the guards notified everyone.

"Ok, Allen, Ray, both of you stays here. It's dangerous where we are going so it's better if both of you stay here with the guards and Ethan." Reind said as he and Arnette got ready to go to the hideout and raid it. "No, we are coming along with you guys. I don't want to stay here." Allen pouted as he argued.

"That's what happens when you spoil your child." Ray commented from the side as he sighed because of Allen's childish behavior.

'You are his child too.' Arnette and Ethan thought to themselves.

..........................

Lilian made a gesture asking the kids to stay silent as they were escaping the hideout. The security has already been informed about them so the difficulty of escaping with the children had gone up. Lilian too called out a familiar to have him take a message to Reind and the others, telling them about the situation.

Meanwhile, the bandits in the hideout were planning to send the search party to find the missing children. Lilian was thinking of a plan of escape when one of the guards saw him and the kids. One of the kids who noticed the guard let out a muffled cry as he tugged Lilian's sleeve to point the guard's position.

Lilian looked at the direction he was pointing out and saw the guard. The guard tried to alert his comrades about the kids but before he could speak Lilian knocked the guard out. Lilian had at first wanted to kill the guard but he didn't want to scare the children or take the chances of letting others know about them right now so he decided to go against it and just knocked the guard out by hitting his neck. He hid the guard's body as he planned to kill him later.