Invitation to Ball............

Edited by: dragonsam656

.....................

Allen and Ray were playing in the garden with Lilian keeping a watch over them. As Lilian was looking at the two of them play he was approached by them and asked him to play together with them. The man complied with their request and went with them.

While Allen and Ray were playing in the garden a carriage arrived at their Manor. A carriage stopped at the entrance of the manor. As the carriage stopped one of the men sitting in front hurried to open the carriage's door and escort the person sitting inside the carriage to the manor. As the people in carriage stepped outside, Allen and Ray noticed two unfamiliar faces.

The person who stepped out of the carriage was a beautiful woman in her late twenties. She had a cheerful smile and talked in a really cheerful manner. She had brown hair, long eye lashes and her body exactly proportionate to her face. She wore a simple light purple coloured gown and a matching fan which complemented the dress and the one who wore it. Accompanying her was a kid of no more than 7 years of age. He had the similar shade of hair as her and deep brown eyes and had a sword with him.

As both of them stepped out of the carriage they were received by Stella who took them to Melinda. With a smile Melinda greeted both of them. As they were talking a knock on the door interrupted them. "Mama, may we come inside?" said Allen who was outside and excited with curiosity to find the identity of the two guests.

Melinda gazed at the woman as if asking for permission to let the boys come as they were having a conversation and interruption may seem rude to the guest. The woman replied with a smile “It is fine, you can call them in its not like we were having a discussion on some serious topic." As she said that Melinda gave the boys permission to enter the room.

As the boys entered the room and saw the guests both of them greeted the guests as they bowing their heads a little.

"Good morning, my name is Allen Von Kelis, three years old."

"Good morning, my name is Ray Von Kelis, three years old."

"Hello, I'm the Marchioness of Drecon fief Fayette Von Forestyn. And this is my son Brishen Von Forestyn." said the woman as she greeted the boys with a smile.

"Wait Allen is boy's name isn't it, why did you name her Allen?" asked Brishen in scrutinizing manner.

"Because I'm a boy." answered Allen in a matter of fact manner.

After hearing what Allen had just said, Brishen was left in a state of shock.

'That can't be the case I mean how a boy can look so much like a girl, this isn't real. Maybe I'm just imagining him as having a girly face because he looks like Miss Melinda so much. But wait aren't they both supposed to be identical twins, Ray does not seem much like girl.' as he thought that, he glanced at Ray. ‘Wait, are you serious? he too looks like a girl.' thought struck him as lightning.

"Is there any problem, Brinshen? You don't look so good." asked Melinda worriedly.

"Eh??!! Ah....there is nothing to worry about Miss Melinda. I apologies for making you worried." I said as I blushed because of the embarrassment caused by my behavior.

.............

Brishen Von Forestyn's POV

My name is Brishen Von Forestyn, the eldest son of the Marquis of Drecon fief Rhett Von Forestyn. I'm 7 years old and I already know how to use magic. Not to mention I can use fire and wind magic which makes me a genius.

The one who taught me magic when I was three was Miss Melinda. She is one of the best magicians in our kingdom and an amazing healer. But sometime ago she resigned as my instructor because of her pregnancy.

Well, today I'm going to her house to meet her and give the Kelis House an invitation to a ball we are organizing. Normally we would have just sent the letter to them but today mother stubbornly insisted that she wanted to go there personally and give them the invitation herself. I found this as a good opportunity to visit Miss Melinda after such a long time and show her my progress, so I asked whether it would be alright if I went along with her. Mother accepted my proposal readily.

As we arrived there, there were two kids playing in the garden with a butler who was playing with them. The kids seemed to have taken notice of our arrival.

We were received by a maid when we entered the house she showed us the way to Miss Melinda. Miss Melinda welcomed us with a smile.

“Hello Miss Melinda!! It has been sometime since we last met."

"It has been quite a while hasn't it Brishen. How have been faring?"

"I have been faring well, thank you for your concern."

"Of course, I'll be concerned about my first student like any other teacher is."

As I finished saying that mother started to talk to Miss Melinda about various things which more or less were completely pointless. In the end she was just bored at home and wanted to spend some time outside of the house.

I tried to remind her about the invitation but it was useless. Until suddenly she remembered it herself and gave her the invitation and then it was back to pointless conversation again.

Mother's conversation was suddenly interrupted with a knock on the door. The voice from the other side sounded like that of a child's and seeked out permission to come inside from Miss Melinda. Miss Melinda glanced at mother to make sure it doesn't offend her. After that she gave them the permission to come inside the room.
As they entered the room and noticed us they greeted us and introduced themselves like perfect gentlemen. My mother did the introductions and greeted.

The kids were named Ray and Allen. It struck me as really odd that a girl had such a boyish name that I inquired from miss Melinda only to be told by the person himself that he is a guy.

It came as a shock to me that Allen was a boy with his shoulder length hair and his face he looked like a girl.  Suddenly it struck me that both Allen and Ray were identical twins when I looked at Ray to check it turns out that he too looked like a girl but one could not easily tell that because of his short hair.

“But Allen looks so much like a girl that if he wore a gown or dress I don't think that anyone would be able to tell that he is actually a boy." as I said that Miss Melinda suddenly looked at me with a surprised look which I have never seen before. It seemed like she thought of something really outrageous because of my thoughtless words.

I was able to see the impending disaster that was about to hit Allen because of me. I feel guilty, because of me something bad is going to happen to him and I'm sure of that because my gut feelings are never wrong.

As the time passed I spent some time with the boys and left the room leaving behind mother and Miss Melinda alone. We played a little and then showed both of them a little magic but they didn't seemed surprised or excited at all.

It was soon the time for us depart and as we greeted them and went on our way. But for some reason that feeling of something bad happening to Allen is still bugging me a little.

As we were sitting in carriage I quietly leaned my head towards the window of the carriage and started to look at scenery outside.

"Hmmm........it will be fun to watch his reaction when he sees them both." thought Brishen as he smiled to himself.

..............................

(Hi guys, sorry for the delay in the update it has been hard to think up of story and write when exams are going on. Well I will try my best upload regularly or if not regularly as frequently as possible. Thank for the support and sorry for grammatical and spelling mistakes.)