Teacher arrives............

Edited by: dragonsam656

..............................

Ray's POV

It has been a week since we returned home and two days since papa told us about the new teacher who is going to arrive today.

Allen is outside the house trying to make shampoo and right now I'm in the kitchen trying to make something with more flavours. The plants and herbs in Tellestia are the same as earth but the method they use it are vastly different. So I asked the gardener to grow some herbs and spices.

Today they were harvested so I'm trying to make something but nobody is letting me into the kitchen.
As I was pondering on what to do next Stella walked into the room, "Ray-sama is something wrong?" She walked over to the bedside, standing there, smiling.

I looked at her, my face indifferent with no expression before I opened my mouth and spoke, "I want to try cooking."

As soon as I said that Stella's smile disappeared into thin air and a shocked expression replaced it, seriously, is it really that big of a deal that I asked to cook food? Stella took some staggering steps forward and put her hands on my shoulders and shook me, "Ray-sama what are you saying, we can't let you cook.  That's our job." She said with a terrified expression while shaking me. The only thought on my mind at that time was: 'Damn. She is powerful. I'm going to puke. Please stop shaking me. Please.'

I held her hands, trembling, fighting against the urge to vomit and said in a low voice, "Stella, please stop I'm going to vomit." She immediately let go of me with a really worried expression. I sighed in helplessness and got off my bed and started walking towards the door "Ray-sama where are you going?" She tilted her head to the left with a confused expression.

"I'm going to ask mama for permission." I answered honestly and solemnly.

"Permission?! Permission for what?"
"For cooking."

I left the room and Stella followed me behind. I knocked on mama's room door and waited for her permission to enter.

"Come in." She answered.

I entered the room and asked about the cooking. She sat up as she thought about what I proposed, she pondered on it for a few moments, time to time looking at my expressions, before finally answering 'yes' with a soft nod.

"Ok, if you want to cook you can but I'm not letting you near fire or anything sharp. So, Stella can you please take care of him in the kitchen?" Mama asked Stella, smiling.

"Yes Melinda-sama." She bowed her head slightly as she answered mama.

................................

Melinda and I entered the kitchen. As soon as I set a foot in the kitchen everyone's eyes were on me. Stella held my left hand as we walked into the kitchen. She was matching my strides.

I like Stella quite a lot; she has always been there for us. She is the same age as mama but she is not married yet. That's what mama and papa are concerned about. She is already at the age where a woman in this world should be married but she stubbornly refused to be wed and insists on taking care of me and Allen.

Although it would hurt both Allen and me if she leaves us but I can't be selfish and ask her to stay with us, taking care of us her whole life.

As we were walking I looked around the kitchen to see the working conditions. It was quite good, the sanitation was maintained and everything was washed before it was cooked. As we continued to walk I spotted something that I wanted in my previous life but couldn't. I was stunned, my eyes widening in admiration. I cannot believe it. Yes, now I can finally say I found my love.