Studying is hard, Test is harder..............

Edited by: dragonsam656

........................

According to the deal between Katherine and Ray both Allen and Ray have to score good on the test given by Katherine and do all the homework he gives to them in 3 weeks duration and if they failed to do Katherine has the right to reject them as his students but if they win he will grant them anyone of their wishes.

The test was set to be on three days. Lilian and Ray were all ready to study but Allen on the other hand was missing his time outside.

He tried all the tricks in the book and even tried the puppy eyes on Reind to get out of studying but Ray was always one step ahead and Reind was unable to do anything to help Allen. The poor kid had to take Spartan lessons from Lilian and any thoughts of escaping that Allen had were crushed ruthlessly by his older brother.

"Lilian, I don't want to study anymore, I want to go and play outside." Allen cried tugging Lilian's trousers.

"Hmm..... Allen-sama, you can go outside after tomorrow. You have to help Ray-sama win the bet he made with Katherine-san." Lilian tried to coax Allen.

"I want to help him win but I also want to play outside." Allen pouted.

"Allen-sama you have to understand that nobody that I take care of will lose in anything and I mean anything” he answered.

'Lilian, so you are in it for your own reasons. You betrayed me.' Allen thought inwardly and went back to studying.

Allen and Ray spent the whole day in the library studying and all the staff in the house helped the boys too.

............................

The next day Allen was in low spirits and yawning. He hated test but today he had to give not one but six test, one after another. He frowned; thinking about the future but was distracted by a pat on his shoulder. He turned around and saw Ray up close. "Allen if we win today I'll make anyone of your favourite cake."

"Really?!" Allen looked at him with doubtful eyes.

Ray nodded in response, "I'll make one of your favourite strawberry shortcake."

On hearing 'strawberry shortcake' Allen's face brightened up with a smile.

Actually it got so bright that everyone had to look away from him because of the light in the background and his cuteness.

"Allen!! Your magic is going out of control. Your light magic is strong enough to make someone go blind." Lectured Ray in a monotone voice.
"Allen should have been a girl!!" One of the maids exclaimed.

"He is cute as a boy too. I want to see him grow up; he will definitely look like Melinda-sama." Another said and after that everyone was gossiping about Allen while Ray was discussing how to do the recipe of cake with Carlos and the kitchen staff.

"Ray, are you not going to make the cake yourself?!" Allen questioned.
"Not now, at least mama and papa still haven't allowed me to cook myself." Ray answered.

{A/N: Take a guess. What will Ray wish for if he wins the bet?} Also this is the dividing line................

Katherine entered the hall where everyone was gathered and looked at Ray with cold eyes but Ray ignored him and quickly jotted down the recipe for strawberry cake with drawings explaining what it should look like to Carlos.

Allen looked at Katherine and saw he was holding a stack of papers in his left hand. Allen frowned looking at those papers; he knew those were the test papers. He thought inwardly, 'Even after reincarnation these tests will never leave me alone. Now I have to give a test here too.' He rolled his eyes in his mind and sighed.

Katherine pushed the glasses he was wearing up the bridge of his nose. 
Allen who was looking at him with great concentration suddenly spoke up, "You are quite handsome looking even when wearing those glasses but why is your name so feminine?"

Katherine glanced at Allen from the corner of his eye with an annoyed look. Katherine hated his name which sounded girly so he builds his image so that nobody would think thrice before speaking about that topic. But a five year kid just pushed the one button that annoys him the most.

"This is the name my parents gave me, feminine or not. Now enough of this....." Katherine put the stack of test papers on a desk nearby and continued, "I'm going to take test of eight subjects in total. Both of you have to score 85 or above to pass. Am I clear? Do you have any questions?"
The boys shook their heads in response.

"Ok, then, I guess we can start" He said and lead the boys to a study.
The boys sat far apart from each other to stop any kind of communication. "Ok, first one is geography. You have half an hour to complete the test." Katherine said as he walked around the room. "Start!"

Allen and Ray started writing at a really fast speed immediately after Katherine said start. Both the boys were concentrating at the test with hands moving like they were flying when they were writing the paper. Before the 30 minutes time limit both boys submitted their papers back to Katherine.

In a similar way arithmetic, politics, ethics, languages, history, magic and war tactics were taken. After the tests were over and done with, Katherine left the room with a frown on his face. He didn't expect that these kids will write the test so effortlessly and complete it before time. Now he was going to check all the tests and give the results by noon.

.....................................

Katherine gathered everyone in the study where he was supposed to announce the results of the tests. He came in and held to bundles of tests papers with him. He said in a serious tone, "Ray your scores in sequence of the tests taken are: geography-100, airthmetics-100, politics-100, ethics-100, languages-100, history-100, magic-100 and war tactics-100. I'm impressed." He said as he looked up at Ray but he still wore a strict expression on his face. Then he continued, "Allen your scores are: geography-100, airthmetics-100, politics-93, ethics-100, languages-100, magic-100, war tactics-100. Allen we only need to work on politics a little with you and other than that I'm impressed how good you are at War tactics and magic. You both are just like your parents." Finally Katherine's stern face cracked a smile.

"Ray your way to solve some questions was really amazing and made me think about some things and gave me a new perspective for things. As for Allen you war tactics and leadership skills can be similar to Reind's and Melinda's."

"I would be happy and honoured if I get a chance to be able teach raw gems like both of you." He said with serious eyes. Katherine may be a bit bitter but he respects those who study seriously and seeing Ray and Allen's performance on a test he deliberately made harder and he made them by himself made him respect these two kids.

"But, according to the deal, you have to do all the homework I give you and complete it only then will I grants any wish of yours." He added and stretched his hand towards Ray. Ray took his hand in his small hand and shook his hand.

As they were talking, Carlos entered the study with the cake. Seeing that Allen smiled filled with happiness.

.........................

(Hey guys!! So I have some good news and some bad news. Well for starters all the previous chapters have been edited but because I'm lazy it will take some time to completely upload all the edited chapters. Now the good news is (for me) I'm going to college. So I'm changing states on 26th June that means (the bad news) I may not be able upload the some chapters but I'll try best to upload them on Wednesday. Well that's all for now. I want to thank dragonsam656 once again for working so hard and editing all the previous chapters (e/n: you’re welcome). Thank for all the support.)