The Battle at the hideout (part 3)........

Edited by: dragonsam656

.....................

Ray's POV

Lilian was getting exhausted from fighting continuously for so long while protecting these kids from the bandits. I could not take it anymore even though he was acting as if everything was alright but his current position was a clear sign of how bad his condition is right now.

After deeming it to be enough I finally decided to interfere in between his fight and buy him some time to take a rest while I will take on the bandits on his stead. Determined to help him I invoked a water spell and the water from a lake nearby shoot through and wiped out all the bandits by surprise and just when they were about to re-organize themselves I attacked them with a lightning attack which paralyzed most of them.

Those who were able to escape my lightning attack re-organize themselves and got ready to attack me. As they charged towards me, I cast an earth spell which caused many spears like spikes to grow out of the earth and impaled them. The blood spilled out from them and splashed everywhere on the ground as well as dropped down from the spears dyeing the ground red. It was really a grotesque scene.

Some of the older kids closed the eyes of the younger ones to block their view of this site. But what was disturbing was other than protecting the young ones, they showed no other emotions at all, not even horror or terrified expression when they watched this whole scene. They weren't affected by this whole thing at all.

......................

On the other side, Allen was fighting some bandits a little far away from where I'm currently fighting. But it seems that playing would be a more appropriate word for them. Allen wasn't attacking him to kill but rather he was just enjoying watching him suffer from watching the bandit trying to evade his attacks and how he desperately tried to save himself from both Allen and those floating water balls.

The scene was quite funny actually but as the time passed Allen started to get bored of playing and he finally got ready to fight for real when suddenly a scream came from inside of the cave. As everyone turned their heads towards the direction where the scream came, what appeared before us was a bandit holding a kid hostage. He was holding the knife near the kid's neck. The knife was basically touching the kid's neck. One can tell how horrified the kid was after taking just one look on his face; the poor boy wore a horrified expression, almost ready to cry but he held his tear for the fear of his life.

Normally, this wouldn't have had any effect on us but Allen was a different matter. He although is a bit emotionless on some matters but as far as I know him he’s quite impulsive when there are innocent people involved.

When I turned my head to look where Allen was, I couldn't find anyone but a bandit who was lying on the ground unconscious. I looked around desperately to find where Allen was. As my eyes darted from one place to another I finally found where Allen was; the ice sword which was held by Allen was now the holding of beautiful purity being covered with blood. Allen had severed the bandit's arm but by the time he realized what the cause of pain was, there was a sensation of ice cold chill spreading through his forehead along with a feeling of hot liquid dripping down from his head.

The man fell on his knees before his body fell face first on the ground.  The kid who the bandit was holding hostage had a terrified expression on his face as he looked at the dead body near his feet then at Allen who was standing right next to it with a pure white sword which was covered in blood. 

Allen was looking at the body of the dead bandit with cold eyes. He had a little bit of blood splattered on his face, giving the boy a fearsome yet charming look, even for me. The look on Allen's face was spine-chilling.