The battle at the Oletha Mansion......

Edited by: dragonsam656

.................

At the break of dawn, a small party consisting of only four people took off to Brumbies of Solfia fief. The party didn't slow down to rest at any given time and hurried their way towards their destination. In order to not gain any unwanted attention, they took the most unused and untrodden route to the town.

Although the road was full of dangerous beasts the party did not encounter them. Thus, the journey which could have taken a day and a half was completed by the night. The inn they were staying in was just in the outer skirt of the town. It was a very shabby looking one but still provided good services and hospitality to the customers.

Lilian peeked out of the window to check whether someone was spying on them or not.

"The journey was unexpectedly peaceful!" Rodney exclaimed in surprise and joy as he leaned backward taking support on his hands on the bed.

"Obviously it was. Reind was sending out his bloodthirsty aura throughout the ride. I'm more surprised that the spies of the enemy didn't find us." Said Arnette tiredly.

"Hmm... It is a very rare occurrence but something really must have happened that he is so angry." Lilian frowned as he said this, thinking back at the second letter he saw Reind reading. The odd thing about this letter was it didn't have any seal on it. Usually, only those letters which have a seal on it is taken to Reind or Melinda. Any letter which doesn't have a seal is usually discarded or are either addressed to the working staff of the household. So seeing a letter with no seal on his hand Lilian felt that there is something amiss in this whole situation. And given the hastiness with which Reind has reacted to this whole situation he has felt some unsettling feeling towards the whole matter.

When Lilian was busy thinking, his thoughts were interrupted with a knock on the door. Alerted, he didn't reply when from the other side of the door came a very familiar voice. He rushed towards the door to open it. When he opened the door he saw Silas with an extra of three people with him. Lilian looking at the company he brought alongside him was left stunned.

He immediately kneeled and bowed his head when he regained his composure as he greeted, "Your Highness, I hope you are in good health."

"Ah... You don't need to kneel down or anything. Anyway, let us get in before anyone notices us," the man says with a troubled but gentle smile.

"Ah! I'm very sorry," Lilian stands up and steps sideways to allow them to enter. The young man enters the room first and then the others follow suit as they too get inside the room, Silas being the last one to enter. 

Silas ruffles Lilian's hair in a dearly manner. "Are you ok now?"

"Hmm..." Lilian nods his head in reply with a gentle smile on his face.

"Ah! Why is Rylan-san here? Who is he? A squire? A rookie?" Asked Arnette in a surprised and intrigued manner while pointing at Xander.

Xander glared at Arnette as if annoyed by his behaviour after hearing his questions but was interrupted by Rylan as he fake coughed to get everyone's attention. "So, where is the General of the White Fang?" He asked as he looked around the room but failed to find Reind.

"Reind-san has gone out because of some important errand that suddenly came up," Arnette answered as he flopped down on the bed, tiredly. 

"What do you mean some important errand? What could be more important than the mission that was assigned to him by the King himself, huh?!" Xander questioned in a manner which could be said to be similar to that of a delinquent. "Does he even know what responsibility means?" Xander continued to berate Reind. "I knew it, these knights from the border don't have any sense of responsibility," Xander said as he gave Arnette a look of disgust.