We're big brothers now....

Edited by: dragonsam656

....................

The sound of young knights training echoed throughout the Florets Mansion. Everyone was busy swinging their wooden swords or practicing their magic when suddenly the sounds of a baby crying came from Melinda and Reind's room. As soon as Allen and Reind heard those sounds, both of them ran towards the room at their top speed, not delaying even one second.

Ray and everyone else on the training ground let out a dramatic sigh as the pair of father and son as usual followed their daily routine of ditching whatever work it is that they are engaged in and run to Alvian.

In the room, Stella had picked the baby up from her crib, trying to coax her to stop crying by walking to and fro in the room while making shushing sounds, holding her carefully on her arms. She turned to complete one more round when the door burst open and Allen came in and seconds after him was Reind. Stella had gotten used to their sudden entry.

Allen, as Natsumi in his previous life, never had any siblings, but Tetsuya had three siblings all younger than him. So, Allen was more enthusiastic about getting a sibling than anyone else. Ray, on the contrary, was now thinking about how to take care of these young ones; one being more childish than the other.

Allen ran up to Stella and tugged on her skirt asking her to bend down so he can see his baby sister's face. Stella smiled, complying to his request as she squatted down to his height.

Allen's eyes, as soon as he got a view of his sister's face, sparkled; touching her chubby cheeks he grinned stupidly.

"Ally, please stop crying and I promise to show you something really beautiful." as if reacting to what he just said, Alvian stops crying as she looks at Allen with her big eyes. Allen, noticing that she has stopped crying, keeps his part of the promise and closes his hands then slowly opens them and from inside comes out a small butterfly made of light, shining in so many colors.

Looking at the butterfly, Alvian didn't give any reaction at first and only stretched her hand to touch it. The butterfly fluttered away first but soon came back to her and sat on the little finger of hers and then, a second later, came another one which settled itself near the first one. Alvian let out a chuckle. The two butterflies then took a flight, fluttering their wings and flying in circles with each other to join others as the room by that time was filled with so many butterflies making the room look so heavenly that the two adults and the child in the room forgot what they were doing.

As Stella's eyes turned down she saw Allen who was making those butterflies and for a few seconds forgot how to breath as she looked at the stunningly beautiful child and the bewitching view of him surrounded by butterflies of light that it was so hard to distinguish which one of the two was more arresting: the boy or the butterflies surrounding him.

Soon, the butterflies in the room took a flight out of the room through the balcony and everyone outside was awed by the scene of the butterflies coming out of the room. Allen, Alvian, Stella, and Reind came out of the room to look at the butterflies fly away. Everyone in the Florets Mansion too stopped whatever they were doing and looked at the butterflies flying away. Occasionally some flew away from the group and went to different people.

One of them flew to Ray who let it rest on a finger before launching it back to its group. Another went to Ethan who was lying on a branch of a tree, taking shade from the heat and resting. Landing on his forehead, he woke up and saw a sea of glowing butterflies taking flight towards the sky.

Melinda, who was having tea in the garden saw when some butterflies flew towards her and sat on the flower kept in the case for decoration. She smiled as she knew who the one who created them was. She took another sip of the tea and went back to appreciating the beauty of the scene before her.

Arnette, who was in the study taking care of the documents left by Reind, too stopped what he was doing in order to appreciate the serenity of the view alongside everyone in or out of the mansion.

Stella looked down as she realized that Alvian has stopped making a fuss. When she looked she found the little girl who looked as sweet as an angel sleeping in her arms. A smile broke out on her face as she first looked at Alvian and then Allen with eyes full of unconditional love.

..................

During the dinner was a little different from before as the two who used to love each other were now at each other's throat. The fight for Alvian's love had begun and at the forefront where the two of the most notorious Kelises. Allen and Reind had been competing for Alvian's attention since day one. And this fight had been going on for a time longer than one could think of.

"Uhmm..." Beelzebub cleared his throat to divert the attention of the two rivals to himself. When suddenly Ray got up from his and started walking towards his room.

This action of his took everyone by surprise to which Ray just pointed out that he had finished his dinner and then resumed his walk towards his room.

After reaching a place which was out of everyone's sight, Ray turned and started walking towards the library and took a book as he walked to Reind and Melinda's room. Stella, as if anticipating his arrival welcomed him, "So, which story are you going to read for her today?" She asked as she picked up Alvian, who was playing in her cradle. They sat down on the floor as Ray settled Alvian between his legs and started reading the story 'The Adventure of the Three Fairies'. Alvian still too young to understand what he is telling him immersed herself in the pictures.

By the time the story ended, Alvian was already dozing off as she laid back, taking support of Ray, as he kissed her on the forehead. Stella picked Alvian up and took her to the cradle as she safely put her to bed. Ray then took his leave as he said goodnight to Stella and Alvian.

..............

(Hey guys!! It's been a long time and I know this is not a long chapter but bare with me. I'll try to write longer chapters but for now just go along with these.

Thank you guys for supporting this story. I'm actually quite surprised because the plan was for this story to end under 100 chapters but it is 60+ chapters and not even half of the story is complete. So, I'm gonna ask you this question. Did you enjoy or find the story this far?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.)