A normal day............

Edited by: dragonsam656

.................

It was the day after Ray's and Allen's birthday. All the guests who had come to attend the birthday celebration were departing from the manor and everybody were busy sending them off.

Reind and Melinda too were dismissing the guests. With all the guests departed, Reind and Melinda were finally free of all the duties. They had decided to eat the breakfast together with everyone. After the breakfast the boys were planning to open the gifts they received.

While Reind had to go to the office to do his work although most people would have the office in their main building of the residence but Reind's office was shifted to another building in the proximities of their manor, which was some distance from the main building. The cause for the shift was Reind always trying to go to the twins as he neglected the work.

Melinda, too, had to attend a tea party which she would have declined but was forced to attend as she had spent too much time away from the social interaction and, for aristocrats; it was considered the same as being withdrawn from the society.

....................

Reind Von Kelis' POV

Last night was supposed to be a happy day as it was my boys' birthday but due to some problems, because of some people, the birthday party for Ray and Allen was ruined and, in addition, Allen was injured too.

So, today, I'm going to see those so called kidnappers. As I arrived everyone was standing at the door in a line to welcome me.

I entered my study and asked Arnette about the matters of our fief. Matters related to tax policy. Completing all these works took a really long time. After this was done we came to the next matter at hand and asked Arnette to take me to where those guys are.

He took me to the place where they were imprisoned. I was clearly not happy with those men trying to kidnap Ray and Allen and injuring Allen. When I reached the prison cell and laid my eyes upon those two men my expression was of anger. When I saw those men behind the prison bars anger took over my rationality at that moment for a few seconds there. I just wanted to go in the cell and kill those already beaten up man.

"Why did you try to kidnap Ray and Allen?" I asked in a really cold manner.

Kidnapper 1: “We didn't intend to harm them, please forgive us.”

"Why did you try to kidnap them?" I asked again coldly.

Kidnapper 2: “Please have mercy, please forgive us."

"Don't make me repeat my question again." I said giving them a very cold glare.

"Kidnapper 1: We didn't have a choice… we were forced to do so."

As one of the kidnappers said this, the other kidnapper gave him a serious look as if to remind him something. As soon as he saw the other kidnapper he fell silent.

After that no matter how many questions I asked, there was no response from either of them. I was starting to lose patience and in order get information from them I had to restrain myself from killing them, thus, I decided to leave that place.

"Continue to torture them until they spill everything out, and take good care not to kill them." I ordered the prison guard as I left the prison.

The only thing that could be after that was the screams of those two men.

.......................

Melinda Von Kelis' POV

I have to attend a tea party today hosted by Countess Màiin Von Curzon. Normally I would have declined the invitation just like I did with the others. But, aristocrats not attending any tea parties or ball are considered a withdrawing from the society. So whether I like or not I have to attend them. Also the host of the party, Countess Curzon, is a really close friend of mine. She is an interesting woman and has ideals which everyone can agree with. And, on addition to this, she is really beautiful and knowledgeable.

For today's gathering I decided to wear a black and red coloured gown with silver thread embroidery and jewelry made of ruby to accompany it.

As much as I would like to take Ray and Allen there but due to yesterday's event it seems they are tired today more than usual. Also the security around the house was increased after yesterday's events. Not to mention there is nobody around the age of Ray and Allen there so I don't think there will be much for them do there.

"Ah........I wanted to spend today with both of them but I guess I don't have a choice, plus Erline got angry at me for ignoring or declining all the invitation till now."

Erline is the head maid here and she is strict and scary. She is in her 40s and is a sensible person. She can be strict and scary at times but she is a kind hearted woman who always takes care of us. She has been working here for a long time now; she is more than a maid, she is like a family to us.

...................

As I arrived at the Countess' manor I was greeted by the maids and butlers who were lined up on both sides of the entrance. After entering the manor I was welcomed by the head butler who received me and led the way to the hall where the tea party was being held. There I was greeted by the host Countess Curzon. We were joined by other ladies so after and, thus, the tea party began.

"Melinda-sama, how have you been? I haven't seen you in any events or parties or balls lately" Said Duchess Edmunda.

‘So, I'm the topic to begin with today’. I thought to myself as took a sip of the tea.

"Well, since Ray and Allen have been born I want to spend as much time as possible with them. Thus, I couldn't attend any parties as of late."

"Ah.......I heard about your sons, I know that feeling of being with your children and play all time with them. I can sympathize with you" Said Marchioness Foreststyn in a cheerful manner.

After a little more discussion on this the topic was subtly changed by Countess Curzon in such a manner that it went unnoticed by everyone in the gathering leaving a few individuals.

'I wonder if she had noticed that I was getting bored of everyone talking about me.' I thought.