A day in hell (part2.5).....

Edited by: dragonsam656

...................

Ray's POV

"Oi, can I read books that are kept there?" I asked as I pointed towards the bookshelf in the room. Hearing my voice Beelzebub, who was immersed in his work, lifted his head and looked at me and then at shelf replying "No" before diving his head right back into the documents.

I couldn't help but glare at him hatefully. "Why are you staring at me now?" He asked as he looked up from the documents in his table with a frown. "Shouldn't we be searching for someone that I can enter a contract with?"

Hearing that he knitted his brows and his frown got deeper. "I have a lot of work, father may have asked me to look after you but he didn't specify when to go look for that person so first I'll complete all my work," he said as he once again gave his undivided attention to the stack of paper on his desk and picked one of them up.

"Then what should I do, it's too boring to stay cooped up here not doing anything," I said.

"Then what do you want to do?" He asked as he supported his chin with his right hand as he leaned on the table exasperating as if tired.

"I want to go out in the city and explore it," I answered in a non-negotiable tone.

"I see, it's not happening," he replied immediately.

"Then you tell me what I should do," I said once again.

"I don't know go play by yourself."

The whole conversation had the feeling that it was really dumb to even begin with and this guy obviously doesn't want me here and I don't want to be here. Thus, I decided to put forth a deal. According to it, I will be allowed to go to the city under the condition of being with a guard at all times. At first, Beelzebub seemed a little bit reluctant to let me go sightseeing in the city but when one of his subordinates with green hair came up and volunteered to go with me. Beelzebub, after some more thinking, added two more conditions: one, that during the whole trip I will and cannot use my magic to harm any of the demons and second, that I should come back to the castle before sundown. I accepted those conditions as they didn't seem unreasonable at all.

..........................

I was once again walking down the streets of the market place of Ambrose, which was lively with all kinds of demons. I also got to know more about Aeshma-san as we were going to be together with each other for a good amount of time and it doesn't hurt to know more about your companion.

Aeshma-san is 96 years old and he has a son who is 20 years old. Apparently, demons' development is very slow and a demon who is 30 years or below may look like only 5 years old or young. He was one of the demons with green hair and also one of Beelzebub's guard.

Aeshma-san was kind enough to take me and show where we can get stuff that is edible for humans and can be grown in human land. I also found some amazing herbs which were similar to turmeric, chilies, rosemary and many other spices which were similar to the spices from my previous life.

We were walking down the streets in search for some tavern to eat some food when suddenly a kid ran past us holding something tightly close to his body and behind him were some adults who were chasing him. I watched as the kid ran into an alley and the people who were chasing him followed behind. Then we heard some people screaming from somewhere and there was a little bit of chaos as people started to run towards the opposite direction. A huge wave of people came towards us and because there were so many Aeshma-san and I were separated. I could hear Aeshma-san calling me but I couldn't use magic because that will only startle the people more.