22 - Family

In which Jennie transfer to New Zealand because of family problem

***

The two Kim, Kim Jennie and Kim Jisoo, grow up really close to each other. They even used to share a bed when they went to sleep at night.

Jisoo, as an older sister of Jennie always make sure to protect her little sister from any harm.  And Jennie loves Jisoo with all her heart. 

In their high school years their parents decided to get divorced, they were separated which each other. Jisoo went to her father and stay at Korea and Jennie went to her mother and studied in New Zealand.

Jennie was quiet and shy without Jisoo, her sister always gave her the confidence she needed to talk to other people. But since Jisoo was not there anymore when they transfer to New Zealand, she doesn't know how to make friends with them.

Until this kid approaches her on their lunch with her usual bright smile.

"Is this seat taken?" Lisa asked, Jennie looks at her and shakes her head.  "Are you taken?" Lisa again asked. Jennie didn't answer her,  she thought that maybe she's another bully that will bully her.  "I'm kidding" Lisa giggles and sit beside Jennie.

Jennie was eating her food quietly but she feels uncomfortable with Lisa's gaze. So she looks up and saw Lisa staring at her without smiling.

"W-what?" Jennie asked.  Lisa shakes her head and finally smile.

"I finally hear your beautiful voice," Lisa said while taking a bite on her hamburger. "You should talk more, I'll listen to it every day," Lisa said while munching her food.  And Jennie finds it annoying.

"Chew your food first" She complains and Lisa giggles before swallowing her food.

After Lisa finished her food she wipes her hands and pinches Jennie's cheeks and forced it into a smile. 

"You should smile more" Lisa said and letting go of Jennie's cheeks.  She stands up and messed her hair. "See you around, Jennie"

Jennie finds Lisa more annoying because she resembles her sister. Lisa's bright smile and how her sister always reminds her to smile.

On their PE class, their instructor asked them to pair up. Jennie searches for a pair, she saw how everyone gathered around Lisa. So she turns around and looks for someone.

"You're lucky, I have no one to pair with," Lisa said from her back. Jennie turns around to see Lisa standing in front of her while smiling so brightly. "Let's go,  the class will start soon" Lisa grabs her hand and drags her to gather with everyone.

Jennie finds Lisa annoying, but Lisa always makes her feel comfortable. She never fails in trying to make her smile every day.

'Maybe she's not annoying after all' She thought to herself.

On Jennie's way home,  when she passed by the park near their house, she saw Lisa playing with other kids. Jennie stays and watches Lisa play with them. She didn't notice a smile formed on her lips.

She panicked when Lisa looks on her way. 'Should I leave? Run?' She thought. But she's too late to decide because Lisa was standing in front of her.

"Is that a smile on your face?" Lisa asked when she saw Jennie smiling. Jennie quickly drops the smile from her face.

Lisa raised her eyebrow on her and cupped her face to force her smile again.

"I said,  smile more often" When Lisa saw the forced smile on her face she giggles. "You can make someone's day better with that smile," Lisa said and messed her hair before dragging Jennie with the kids she plays with.