39 - Choice

Lisa chooses to leave Jennie to pursue her career

A fluff

***

Lisa poses for the camera for her photo shoot on her new endorsement. The concept should a person who's in love and all she can think for her motivation is her Ex, Jennie.

Lisa remembers how they spent their life together as a lover. And she blushed when she remembers how Jennie's soft lips on her.

"Let's pack up for today," The cameraman said before looking at Lisa. "You did great today, Lisa," He said to Lisa while smiling. Lisa returns the smile on him.

Lisa yawned as she entered her apartment. She lives alone in Paris where she pursues her dream to become a model.

She heaved a deep sigh after she sits and leans her back on her sofa. She's still not used to the empty room. "I choose this. I should bear with it" Lisa whispered while she massages her head.

Before she left Korea,  Jennie made her choose whether to be with her or to fly to Paris and reach her dreams. Lisa chooses the latter part and left Jennie.

She thought she wouldn't regret her decision. But as she stays alone, she regretted everything.

Since Lisa can't sleep, she decided to go out to her favourite pub. She always went here every time she misses Jennie. That's why she's close with the bartender.

"My favourite customer" Jisoo greeted while Lisa sits on the stool. "The usual? Or you want it hard?" Jisoo asked.

"Make it hard" Lisa answered and play with her hands while waiting for her drink.

"I'm guessing it's about Jennie? You always drink hard when it's about Jennie" Jisoo said as she places her drink in front of her. "Why don't you go back home?" Jisoo asked while wiping the shot glass.

"I choose the life without her. Do you really think that she'll wait for me to come home?" Lisa asked and take a sip of her drink. "I choose the life I thought I want," Lisa said bitterly.

"You can always fix your mistake," Jisoo said while looking at Lisa. "If you really want her in your life again you will not be here wasting your time drinking alcohol. Don't just say you still love her and do nothing, do something to be with her again"

Jisoo left her to assist some customers. But her words keep running on her mind. 'She's right, I should do something to make her mine again' Lisa smiled.

"You're the best, chichu" Lisa said and Jisoo glanced on her direction and smile at her. "I'll still visit you here" Lisa added before leaving the pub.

Lisa booked a flight back to Korea and get her girl back. Lisa smiled as she smells the air from outside the airport. She missed this. Lisa felt nervous as she rides the taxi to their apartment where Jennie lives.

Lisa isn't sure whether Jennie stays in their apartment or she left. But the only thing to find out is to be there.

Lisa took a deep breath while looking at the apartment where they live. She also saw Jennie's car parked outside. "She's here" Lisa whispered.

Lisa calms her heart that's beating fast before knocking on the door. After few knocks, she hears the unlocking of the door.

Jennie slowly opens the door without knowing that the person who breaks her heart is the person she'll see once she opened the door.

Jennie was shocked seeing Lisa on their front door but she trusted to calm herself.

"What are you doing here?" Jennie asked coldly while staring at Lisa's eyes. "Aren't you supposed to be at Paris pursuing your career?" Jennie added.

"I'm back Jen, I'm sorry for leaving you," Lisa said as she stares back at her and tear falls down at her eyes seeing Jennie again.

"What do you want me to do with your sorry?" Jennie asked. "You choose your career over me"

"I know I hurt you, but let's fix this, Jennie. I want you back" Lisa said while sobbing.

"You cannot always get what you want, Lisa. I don't want you back" Jennie said and that made Lisa even cry harder. "You left,  remember? You left me" Jennie said while her voice cracked. She bit her lips trying to hold her tears.

"You made me choose, Jennie. It's my dream" Lisa said.

"It's your dream and I'm not part of it. Go back to Paris and live the life you want" Jennie said before closing the door.  But Lisa blocked the door by her feet and that made Jennie open the door.

Lisa put her knees on the floor and held Jennie's hands. "Give me another chance, Jennie. Please, I'm begging" Lisa said and cries on her hand.

Jennie sighed before removing Lisa's hands on her. "I already gave you your chance. But you choose not to be with me.  I'm sorry" Jennie said and closed the door.

Lisa stays in her position crying. While Jennie leans on the door and cries she covers her mouth to prevent the noise.

That night they didn't have their second chance.

***

Or maybe not?